Chapter Five : Real You

Private Secretary 

Chapter 5: Real You

My eyes widened just heard what Shane said. 

"What?" I whispered in disbelief. "Why?" I bit my tongue which now is felt so numb. 

He stepped closer to where I stand now. I wanted to run... I ordered myself to move my feet. But, my feet were glued on the floor I was standing. 

What a clichés, Michelle… I pitied myself mockingly. 

Now I can understand the people in novels who suffered the same state as mine. 

Suddenly, a sweep of warm breath swept my neck. Shane’s standing so close to me. He lowered his face to me.

Oh hell… Why did this feel so right? 

How I can easily forget what’s happening to me now? 

"I want to make sure, that you are mine, Michelle." He whispered with a tone which was dipped with possessiveness on my earlobe.

My body tensed. I really have to run from this sinful pleasure. I immediately ordered my legs to run away this place. Unfortunately, Shane has wrapped his arm around my waist. 

The other hand had started to explore the surface of my skin beneath my clothes. I immediately try to get him off me. But he had grasped my wrist. 

"Let me go.” I said with my voice sounded so low as a mere whisper.

“No.”

His answer fueled mixed emotion in me. “ I say, let me go this instant! I’ve told you many times ... I'm not a SLUT!!!!" I struggled from this deceitful man in front of me. And my reaction was not even the slightest solution to extinguish the evil that was embedded in his mind. With his other hand was holding me, he kissed my lips. 

My breath stopped. With my other hand I'm trying to break away from her. Failed. I was powerless in his arms. I can feel the warm tears pouring from the corner of my eye. I usually am a strong girl, but this time I was devastated. 

Albert already has a Tammy that even already conceived his baby. And me? I'm stuck because I made a silly agreement with the devil inside a man in front of me now. I can feel my tears falling down my cheeks more. 

I am devastated.... 

Suddenly something warm to wipe the tears rolling down my cheeks. I opened my eyes, hoping that I'd woke up from this nightmare. However, reality has knocked my head hard.

Shane Weston, he wiped my tears with a surprising gentleness with his fingers. I looked at him with surprise that can’t be concealed. I found myself looking at his piercing blue eyes. And for some reason, I felt myself seeing his miseries. The fire of his anger really had gone but replaced with things that can’t be explained. 

Don’t be fooled, Michelle.  With all my remaining strength, I struggled and eventually detached from him. I quickly ran  run as far as possible from him. 

Fortunately, he didn’t after me. 

I was cleaning up the folders which were scattered on the desk. "Michelle?" I turned toward the sound source, and found Vincent was standing beside me.