"Wait!" she exclaimed.

"you still haven't told me, why I was bought here" she asked.

"this is going to be your new home" he replied curtly before heading out.

---

After a while, Brian entered her room with another lady.

"Hello Amelia, I hope you're feeling better now. I bought someone who would like to talk to you" Brian said.

"I don't want to talk to anyone" she replied brusquely.

"she's not of our kind. She's just like you"

Amelia's eyes snapped towards the ladies who looked at her with a warm smile.

"right, then I'll leave you two to talk" Brian said before walking out of the room"

The lady walked towards Amelia and sat on her bed.

"Hello there, Amelia. I'm Meghan. I'm the head caretaker of the house and I'm in charge of the humans."

"what are you doing here in the midst of these animals? Were you kidnapped too?"

Meghan smiled.

"they're not as bad as you consider them to be. And no, I wasn't kidnapped" she said looking away from Amelia.

"Then? What happened? How did you end up here?"

She looked towards Amelia with an expression of sorrow.

"I had two beautiful baby girls. They were my life. My husband was a monster. Could never control his temper. One night he came home drunk and angry. Fought with me and stabbed me, then went ahead to stab my precious babies in front of my eyes. I was left to die in the forest beside my daughters."

Her eyes looked glossy as she recollected the gruesome incident.

"Then, they found me and my daughters. One of them had already died. They could save the other one and me."

She looked at Amelia with a smile.

"I'm forever grateful to these people for saving me and my daughters life. They gave me justice. I have witnessed the atrocities that human beings commit. These people are not bad. We, humans, have done much worse to their kind. Since that day, I stayed here, taking care of my daughter along with these people."

"you don't have to worry. I heard about your story from Brian. Your friends were never truly your friends if they left you to die. It is human nature to be selfish. You can take refuge here. Sometimes, some people here can be rude but you must understand that it is because of some incidents in the past that the pack has come to hate humans." Meghan continued.

"why? What incidents?" Amelia questioned.

"let's keep that story for another time, yeah? Let's go down for breakfast and I'll show you how things work here" Meghan said.

She held Amelia's hand and took her outside the room. The hustle and bustle of the house once again surprised Amelia. Everything seemed so.... normal?

It just felt like a family with loads of members. When she entered, people started looking at her. Some of them openly whispered "It's that fussy human"

Amelia felt offended. She was not fussy! She was brought here against her own will!

"ignore them" Meghan said as she provided Amelia with a plate of food. Amelia sat on the table and started noticing her surroundings. There was a bigger dining table than hers in another room beside hers with grand interior.

She noticed a familiar face on the table and immediately glared when her eyes met Mathew's. He glared back. She was not going to look away first. He continued staring until she stuck out her tongue and gestured an L. He looked enraged and shot up from his seat heading towards her. She turned away and started eating her breakfast nonchalantly.

"What was that?" Mathew questioned angrily.

"What?" Amelia asked as she continued munching her food.

"Amelia is new here, Matt. You need to take care of her and make her feel at home" Meghan said.

"yeah sure" he said sarcastically. "I can't wait to attend training with her. I'll make sure she feels very comfortable"

"Training? What's that?" Amelia questioned.

"Be ready sharp at 8 tomorrow. Late comers have extra punishments. You'll know once you we reach there."

----

Hello there my very few readers. I have been gone for more than a few months and I haven't updated regularly. Sorry:( but I'm back and I plan to update at least once a week. if I don't, ya'll can scold me:P  but don't be rude, I'm very sensitive XD 

vote if you liked it:)

bye for now