Scarlet Canary ~ Central City 2024

Start from the beginning

"Barry Allen's apartment is a few blocks into the city," Gideon answered.

"Great, give me an address," Sara took out her phone and picking up her duffel bag, glad she had packed a few items if she needed them. "And let me know when the jumpship is fixed, OK?"

"Captain – "

"Please, Gideon?" Sara looked at the console.

"Very well, Captain. I will inform you when we are ready to leave 2024."

"You're the best, Gideon," Sara smiled, lowering the ramp and heading out into the blustery weather of Central City.

***

Sara counted the building numbers as she walked through Central City, keeping her head down under the fedora she put on. She finally found the number she was looking for, then blinked and looked up at the shattered windows in the building. "Here?" she whispered in disbelief, then opened the door to the building and rushed inside.

She took the stairs two at a time until she reached the correct floor, and when she reached the apartment Gideon had given her, she tried the door handle as hard as she could. She eventually wrenched hard enough to force the door open, and when she got inside, her eyes widened in shock.

Dust covered every aspect of the apartment, and Sara let her bag drop as she stared in horror. "Oh, my God," she mouthed, unable to say anything as she walked forward and looked around at broken furniture and piles of leaves on the floor. She froze when she felt something begin to crack under her feet, and she slowly dropped down into a crouch, brushing wood aside. She swallowed hard when she found a picture of Joe and Iris West, the frame and glass relatively unharmed. She was lucky she had just stepped on the broken stool leg.

"Sara Lance?"

Sara's head shot up, and she looked behind her to see another familiar face in worn clothes, his hair pulled back in a messy bun. "Cisco?" she asked in surprise, rising from the floor.

"Sara Lance," Cisco repeated, looking her up and down as he walked forward

"Sara Lance," Cisco repeated, looking her up and down as he walked forward. "Man, it has been . . . a long time."

"Seven years?" Sara guessed, smiling sheepishly.