Smack.

"Ow...so like is he older than you??  Major in the same course?? Is he cute? What even is your type??"

Sealing his own mouth shut, Yoongi endured his brother's incessant, rapid-fire questions all the way to the train station, and even longer still, as they didn't stop there. But at least, Yoongi thought in an attempt of looking on the bright side of the situation, at least Jihoon seemed happy. And it was just like Namjoon had said: though he denied it, Yoongi was glad to see his brother again. Relieved that being overseas for such a long time hadn't changed him, that he was still the same annoying, bratty little kid Yoongi had waved farewell to over a year ago.

Yoongi permitted himself a small smile as he stared out the window of the train.

"...also, I can't believe I didn't think of this, is Namjoon your boyfriend?? That would make a lot of sense, I mean I still remember you kissed his cheek o-"

Smack.

*

*

*

After a brief visit home, where Jihoon dropped off his things and gave hugs to his mother, promising to return for dinner, he set out again with Yoongi to head to some restaurant near Yoongi's college campus. Just a simple family diner. Despite having a strange craving for sushi, Yoongi figured that Jihoon would prefer having traditional Korean food over something he'd probably eaten more than a few times in Europe. That being said, the diner was an almost obvious choice.

So there they went. And there they waited in a small red booth for Jimin to arrive, which was only about ten minutes later, as apparently the boy had been eagerly pacing back and forth in his dorm room simply anticipating when Yoongi should call him and tell him where he could meet them.

Yoongi swore he had just hung up and Jimin was already bursting into the diner, eyes on the hunt for a pair of boys easily identifiable as brothers. Seeing Yoongi now waving to him from his and Jihoon's corner booth, a smile was immediately slapped on Jimin's face and a soft giggle even spilled out of his mouth as he made his way swiftly over to them.

"Ji-hoooon, right?" Jimin giggled again, hovering over the table. He twirled a finger in Jihoon's direction. "I don't need to ask, but still." He slid across the bench right next to Yoongi, then tilted his head, awaiting a response from Jihoon who for a time could only stare back at him. Soon, however, a smile matching Jimin's brightness appeared on the boy's face, and he nodded.

"And you're Yoongi's-"

"Yup, I'm Yoongi's. Here, watch this."

And just like that, without warning, Jimin grabbed Yoongi's face, turned his head, and firmly pressed their lips together for a quick second.

"See?"

"Jimin, what the f-" Yoongi touched his lips and made a panicked glance at his brother. "Jimin, what's with y-...Jihoon, close your mouth, you look so stupid."

But Jihoon did not close his mouth. And Jimin was instantly reminded of Miss Sunggi's New Year's party, where Jaeseong had done precisely the same thing in response to Jimin stealing a kiss from Yoongi. Except this time, the reaction wasn't out of a horror-induced shock, but more like a display of genuine but somehow pleasant surprise.

"Yoongi!"

The boy in question groaned and covered his face with his hands, already regretting having agreed to letting Jimin meet Jihoon. In retrospect, he wished he had simply told his brother he would be inviting a friend, but then again perhaps that would have made matters worse, especially if Jimin had still kissed him. Then Yoongi would have had to deal with his brother's rapid-fire questions and indignant comments as a result of not being informed of their relationship sooner.

"Yoongi, oh m-..." Jihoon stopped abruptly mid-sentence and turned furiously to Jimin. "So your name's Jimin, then??"

"Mhm. Park Jimin. It's a pleasure to meet you, Jihoon." He smiled warmly and extended his hand, which Jihoon happily shook. "So Yoongi told me you were studying in Europe--that sounds cool-"

"Yeah, it is," Jihoon replied absentmindedly, "but enough about me, how did you--I mean, he, how did Yoongi--well, I guess...since when??"

Jimin couldn't help but chuckle at Jihoon's almost nonsensical stammering, as well as Yoongi's obvious exasperation with his brother. "November of last year. So what have you been studying in Europ-"

"So how did it go down?" Unintentionally ignoring Jimin's question, Jihoon put his elbows on the table and leaned forward intently. "I gotta know now, 'cus I know Yoongi'll never tell me. So, did he serenade you with his voice or something?? Yoongles listens to rap music a ton but he can sing, too, ya know."

At this, Jimin slowly twisted his neck around to look directly at Yoongi, who only shrunk into himself even more, wishing Jimin would suddenly be called in to work and he'd have to leave, and Yoongi wouldn't feel so bad about reaching across the table to strangle Jihoon--just a little bit. But alas, there was no escape from this.

"Yoongi?"

Jimin's soft voice drew Yoongi from his thoughts.

"Don't listen to the brat, he literally does not know what he's talking ab-"

"Yes, I do," Jihoon interrupted, furrowing his brow for a moment. "Namjoon agrees with m--oh, my gosh, Namjoon! Is Namjoon busy?? He should join us!"

Oh no. "He's busy," Yoongi blurted. "All the time. He's busy all the time. In fact at this very moment, he's the most busy."

"I think he just texted me tho," said Jimin, pulling out his phone. He then proceeded to read aloud the message displayed on the screen. " 'Hey, Jimin, I think Yoongs muted me again lmao, are you guys with Jihoon right now? I wanna join' ."

"Yes! Tell him 'yes'!"

"Jimin, don't."

"...."

It was inevitable. If Jimin hadn't deliberately informed Namjoon as to where they were, Jihoon certainly would have done so, as he also had Namjoon's number. So much to Yoongi's dismay, in roughly fifteen minutes time, his best friend had showed up at the diner and was gleefully sliding across the bench next to Jihoon.

"Nice to see you back, kiddo. So what've you guys been talking about?" Namjoon asked, exchanging glances with the three others at the table--two smiling faces and one deadly glare he was quite used to seeing. "Fill me in."

"Yoongi can sing: true or false."

"True. Next questio--ow, Yoongs, don't kick me from under the table."

"Would you rather me kick you from over the table?"

"Well, to be honest I'd rather you not kick me at all but I guess that's being a little too unrealistic, isn't it?"

"True. Next question."

Jimin gently shook his boyfriend's shoulder. "Yoongi, why have you never told me you could sing??"

"False. Next question."

"That wasn't a true or false question, you w--ow. Stop it."

"Wow, Yoongles, I almost forgot how abusive you were with Na--ow."

"Yoongi, please stop kicking them..."

"I'm sorry, sweetheart, they're really testing my patience..."

"Mm." Jimin slowly wrapped his arms around Yoongi and nuzzled into his shoulder. "I'll forgive you if you sing for me later."

"PDA! PDA!!"

"Jihoon, I swear if you don't stop I'll disown you on behalf of our parents."

"No!"

*

*

*

A/n:
Christmas break's almost here so hopefully I'll have more time to update then oof

also ive been considering editing this book I wrote a while ago to make it bts-related? idk it's a thriller/suspense type thing, a lot different than the things I've posted on here thus far but ??? idk if u guys are interested maybe I'll give it a shot :/