Harry nodded, smiling widely up at the blonde walking beside him.

"What about you?" asked Draco, and Harry laughed embarrassedly.

"Well," He hid his face behind his hands, "I was actually thinking of something like a hamburger."

Harry snapped his head around when Draco snickered and huffed out, "hamburger? Why?"

"I don't know," said Harry, behind his hands as his face burned from embarrassment, "I just like hamburgers."

Draco laughed and they walked on. And if Harry's heart beat faster as he heard the blonde laughs, oh well, no one will ever know.

-

Harry smiled as Draco chattered on beside him. He had made the mistake of asking him how he could ever like such a boring and tedious class that was Potions. That was ten minutes ago, and Draco did not show any signs of stopping soon.

By the fifth minute, Harry had already tuned the blonde's words out, but was listening carefully at the harsh but soft sound that Draco's voice was. He had been staring at the blonde's face for the past two minutes as well, long enough for the blonde to notice it, but Harry didn't care, and just kept staring unashamedly at the way the blonde's lips moved.

He was enthralled by the way the blonde talked so passionately and excitedly, he had never seen before this light and spark in those grey eyes. Harry couldn't quite manage to take his eyes off of Draco. He looked happier than ever, something in those features softened and brought back to life with a mere flicker of happiness. Draco's hands were flailing about as he made his point, and his lips were pulled into a wide grin.

The wind blew softly and coldly over their faces. Harry shuddered and pulled the blonde closer to him, seeking warmth.

If Draco shuddered at that, Harry didn't pay much attention to it. After all, it must have been because of the wind.

-

The day after that found Harry and Draco walking as per usual along the lake, now frozen over due to the biting cold that had settled over the Hogwarts grounds.

The wind blew harshly, and Harry quivered at the icy air hitting his face.

He had descended the stairs of the common room, innocently unaware of the drop in temperature and had run into Hermione, who had merely smiled at him knowingly as she saw him make his way to the grounds.

She had then come up to him in the common room and looked at him, eyes calculating as they roamed his body. He had wondered what she was thinking, as he hadn't told neither of his best friends about Draco, but then she had said, "aren't you going to be cold dressed like that?"

He had laughed and smiled warmly at her. "No, it's going to be alright, don't worry." Then, laughing, he had added, "Mum." And he had run away.

Looking back at that, he wondered how he could have been so stupid.

He really should have listened to her, but he hadn't, and now he was freeing his bits off. Beside him, Draco was bundled up in warm clothes as if he had actually been responsible and not stupid, unlike Harry.

Typical, Harry thought, chuckling silently.

He shuddered once more as a wave of unpleasantly cold air hit him, and Draco looked at him, a small amused smile playing at his lips.

Harry frowned and looked up at the blonde, who now had a strange expression on his face, something akin to happiness and amusement and... fondness?