"Well-" harry amended, "kind of in time."

Draco looked at him, a smile playing at his lips but still looking at Harry sternly. "You are fifteen minutes late. I know it's still not winter but I was freezing my arse out here."

"We wouldn't want that, would we?" Harry chuckled, and draco shot him a glare. "Anyways, I was held up in potions class. Apparently I have the potential to be better."

At this, Draco burst into a laugh, and harry shot up straight to look at him. Between the laughs, he panted breathlessly, "Yeah... Potter, good at potions. Ooof-" He breathed out slowly, trying to calm his breathing, and promptly burst into laughter again.

"I am insulted that you would react like so," said Harry, faking offence. "C'mon, he said, let's get going."

When Draco stuck his arm out, he looped his own arm through it. Arms linked, they made their way around the grounds.

-

Harry had come back to Hogwarts after he realised he didn't want to be an Auror, that he was done with fighting and killing. He just wanted to relax, to find out who he really was without the spotlights, without the expectations. Who he truly was.

With this in mind, he had offered his friendship to Draco on the train, sliding into the other boy's compartment and smiling at the shocked boy as he extended his hand. He had not been sure whether the blonde actually wanted to be his friend and whether he was the person Harry thought he was, but he had thought, Nothing to lose, right?

It had surprised him when Draco had softened his features and looked up at Harry with glowing eyes, full of hope and gratefulness and had taken his hand.

Harry smiled as he remembered the pleasant sensation that had shot up his spine when Draco's warm hand had wrapped around his. He shuddered at the memory.

-

"If you had to be any kind of food, what food would you be?" Harry asked, looking ahead at the vast grounds in front of them.

He heard the blonde exhale sharply in a surprised laugh and he faced Draco who was looking at him with an amused expression on his face. "I'm serious," Harry said.

"Um-" Draco laughed, "okay, well."

The blonde turned to face ahead as they walked arm in arm, and Harry was left to stare at his profile. He had already noticed that Draco's angles had softened, leaving the pointy edges for something more mature, more soft and wise. He looked at the blonde's eyelashes fluttering on Draco's cheeks and those eyes stare ahead. The sheer greyness of them shocked Harry.

Before this year, he had never really paid attention to the details, but was finding himself breathless with the utter beauty of them.

He didn't quite know what to do with this feeling.

"I'm thinking of something refined and tasty, so that most people may adore me, but expensive and posh so that not many may be able to afford me and I could live longer." Draco said, and Harry snickered at the seriousness of his voice.

"So like caviar?" Harry asked. He didn't really know what it was, but he had heard Uncle Vernon once talking about it with Marge.

Draco made a face, and Harry had trouble not laughing a the disgust in Draco's eyes. "No?"

The blonde shook his head and said, "No, I hate caviar. I was thinking more like black truffle?"

Harry hummed appreciatively, closing his eyes and imagining the dish in front of him. His stomach grumbled. Draco laughed, and eyed Harry amusedly. "I guess you liked that?"