Young!Newt x reader ~ my ship has sailed

Requested by: nrochtiaf

Enjoy!

-

'And this, this is creature I've been waiting for you too meet.' Newt smiled while pulling you along with him.

You smiled while following him. He seemed to be very excited. Hou loved that about him. You were a childhood friend of Theseus and met up with the Scamanders when you went to Hogwarts again. You were now staying with them during the summer.

You had a massive crush on Newt. He was such a caring, sweet guy. Very special and rare to find. The way he took care of creatures was special to you.

'Alright! Show me.'

Newt looked at you for moment. Your eyes looks so happy and bright. You had the most amazing smile. He loved your interest in his creatures. He loved this summer.

Newt let you go when you entered his room. He grabbed a shiny watch. You looked at him and watched him hang it above the ground. A tiny creature made its way towards it and grabbed it.

It was a rodent-like creatures with a long snout and a coat of black, fluffy fur. It was very tiny.. like it was still a baby.

'This..' Newt said while grabbed him and putting the watch away. 'Is a niffler.' He smiled.

Newt looked at the tiny creature in his hand.

'Watch your jewellery. Nifflers love collecting shiny things in their fur and building a nest from it.'

You took off any jewellery you had and hid it in your pockets. The niffler looked at you with his tiny eyes. You smiled.

'It's so cute.' You smiled.

Newt reached out to you. You opened your hands and Newt placed the tiny niffler into your hands. Newt slowly looked up at you. He loved the way your eyes were sparkling when you looked at the niffler. You looked up and smiled even brighter.

'This is incredible!'

You made Newt crack a small smile. You handed it back to Newt who put him down on the ground again.

'He causes some trouble around the house. Stealing things and stuff.' Newt grinned while looking at the floor.

You laughed.

'That's quite funny.'

'Yeah, I guess it is.' He said while looking up.

'I've really enjoyed it here Newt.'

'Well we all really enjoy having you over. It's nice that you and Theseus reconnected at Hogwarts.' He smiled.

You sat down on his bed for a moment. Newt looked at you. He doubted for a moment but then sit down next to you.

'I didn't really mean it like that Newt. I meant that I enjoyed spending time with you.'

Newt looked at you.

'Really?' He asked.

'Yes.' You smiled.

'I thought I only annoy people.' He said.

That was sad to hear. He didn't annoy you. Not at all..

'You could never annoy me Newt.'

Newt looked at the floor with a shy smile.

'I'm serious. This knowledge you have.. It's fascinating.'

Newts smile grew a little wider.

'I'm glad you're sharing it with me. I'm so happy that I can be a part of this. I'm so glad that I could spend this time with you.'

You laid your hand onto his. You knew it was surprising him. He looked up with red cheeks.

'Please believe me, Newt.'

'I-I do. I believe you.'

You smiled at him. You wanted to move your hand away but Newt grabbed it. He didn't want you to let him go. Your cheeks shot red and you smiled.

'I'm sorry I.. I don't know why I didn't that.' Newt said while letting you go.

'It's okay.' You smiled while taking your hand back.

Newt looked away from you. You looked at the floor as well. You then heard him take a deep breath. He looked at you.

'I like you.' He than said very boldly.

'What?' You asked.

'I-I like you..' He said.

It wasn't something for Newt to be this bold. You were blushing madly and your smile grew wider.

'I like you too.' You smiled.

'R-really?' He asked.

You nodded. Newt was taking a risk by saying that. So you decided to be bold too. You pressed your lips against his. Newt was obviously surprised but kissed you back.

Right at that moment Theseus walked in. He was about to say something but then he saw you two.

'I knew it!' He yelled in excitement. 'My ship has sailed!'