Credence x reader ~ stop it | part 1

This is an old request!

Enjoy!

-

You were walking through new York. You lived there all your life. It was really your city. You felt most at home here. Even during your days off you'd find a time to walk the streets and see what was going on.

You past a group of people. They were always there, handing out folders of the New Salem Philanthropic Society. Some kind of anti-magic soicity.. You didn't believe that there was such a thing.

There would always be one boy who didn't seem to enjoy doing it very much. He was very shy, he was troubled.. nervous.. Even a little embarassed. He had black hair and brown eyes. You would always talk to him. His mother didn't really seem to like it though.. You knew that his name was Credence.

You past him and he stuck out his hand to hand you the folder. Most people would pass him but you grabbed it and stopped. He looked up. He knew it was a stupid idea to talk to you but he couldn't help it. When you started talking to him, he had to answer. You were one of the few people who were nice to him.

'Doing this again, huh?' You asked him.

Credence just nodded. He seemed a little more.. sad than usual. You looked around.

'Are you okay?' You asked softly.

'M-Me? I'm okay.' He just said.

'Are you sure? You don't seem okay..'

He didn't answer.

'I'd like to know more about your society. Could I get some more information some time?' You asked.

'It's all in there.' He said.

You sighed and looked at the folder.

'But my mother leave tonight. If you want to come over I can tell you more.' He said.

Credence wasn't normally the talkative person. But with you it was different. His voice sounded so.. broken to you. You never got it.

'Alright, I'll do that.' You smiled.

You and Credence met up later. You were sitting at the table infront of Credence. He was just watching you read folders. You looked up.

You weren't interested in this what so ever. He just looked lonely to you. You wanted to be his friend. Keep him company. But he didn't seem to understand that.

'Looks interesting.'

Credence didn't say anything and looked at the door. You looked at the door as well.

'Afraid of your mom?' You asked.

He looked at you and didn't say anything.

'I'll go if that makes you feel more comfortable.'

Credence didn't say anything. You got up and grabbed your stuff. You walked towards the door. You turned to credence once.

'I hope everything works out.. With your mother. I might see you again sometime.'

You turned towards the door and right at that moment it opened. His mother came in. She stopped and looked at you.

'Credence.' She started. 'What's she doing here?' She asked.

Credence looked at the floor. He didn't say anything.

'I'm sorry miss. I was just hear to get some info about your group. I was just leaving.' You said.

'Didn't I tell you not to let anyone in?'

She wasn't focused on you at all. You turned around. Credence looked terrified. You heart broke to see him like that.

'Take it off.' She said.

You saw Credence shaking hands reaching for his belt. You turned to her and looked at her in shock.

'It's best if you leave now.'

She pushed you aside and walked towards him. You wasalked towards the door and heard the walk up the stairs. You couldn't walk away. You turned around and ran after them. You slowly sneaked up the stairs.

'This is your own fault. Maybe if you weren't such a disappointment then I wouldn't have to do this to you.'

Credence was crawled up in a corner, softly crying. You walked upstairs and saw her hit him. He let out a small painful sound. She wanted to hit him again but you jumped infront of Credence.

The belt hit your back. You let out a small, painful, scream and fell down infront of him. Credence turned around and looked at you.

You managed to get yourself up. You sat down infront of him, protecting him from her.

'Leave him alone! He's done nothing!' You yelled.

'Get out of the way!' She yelled.

'No!' You yelled.

She then hit you again. You cried out and tears came up in your eyes.

'Don't do this..' Credence softly said.

You felt the felt hit you again. You laid your head back. You tried to grab the belt from her but she was too strong.

'Stop it.' Credence said.

When she hit you again you started crying.

'Stop it!' He yelled.

His mother looked at him in a bit of shock. Credence wrapped his shaking arm around you and pulled you against him.

'She's done nothing! Stop it!' He hissed.

His mother was distracted so you pulled the belt from her hands and threw it away. You sat a little different and hugged Credence.

'It's okay. I'm okay..' You sniffed.

You looked up at his mother.

'How can you do something like this to your own son?' You asked.

She looked at him.

'He's not my son and he will never be.' She spoke coldly before walking away..