young!dumbledore x reader ~ stay

Requested by: KimberlyV3006

I know he's like gay but in this oneshot he isn't (although Dumbledore x Grindelwald is a thing I ship)

Enjoy!
-

You looked at Hogwarts. You hadn't been here for ages. You didn't know why you even agreed to go.

Albus Dumbledore invited you. You hadn't seen or spoken to him in ages. You guys had a fight, you didn't even remember what it was about, and after that the contact just died out.

He had always meant the world to you. He used to be your best friends. That's probably why you agreed to meet up with him.

The contact he made with you did come out off no where. Lately Albus had been thinking about you. He didn't know why you suddenly popped up in his mind.

You walked into the castle and looked around. All these memories came back and a smile crossed your face.

Albus told you he was teaching DADA. So you decided to go to that classroom first. He was probably there.

And you were right. There he was. You hadn't seen each other since you were 17. You were both in your thirties now.

He looked great. You recognised him. There was something about him which you could never forget. You didn't know what it was.

He looked up and his eyes looked straight into yours. He recognised them right away, like he saw you every day.

'Hello Albus.'

'Y/N.. Hello.' He smiled.

He got up and looked at you for a moment. You were all grown up now.. You turned into a, in his eyes, beautiful lady. He walked a little closer to you.

'You look great.' He smiled.

'So do you.' You said while stepping into his classroom.

You walked over to him and you stopped in front of each other. You both seemed to be comfortable enough for a small hug.

'I must say that I was surprised when I get your letter.' You said.

'I alresdy expected that. It's been ages.'

'To be honest I don't even remember why it has been..' You said.

Dumbledore laughed and rubbed his neck with his hand.

'I thought you would be able to tell me.' He laughed.

Maybe it was a good thing that you both di dnt remember. It would be less awkward.

'Sorry I can't help you there.' You grinned. 'But maybe that's best. Less awkward.'

'That's certainly true.' Albus smiled. ' Come on, have a seat. Can I offer you a drink?'

-

Later that day you and Albus were outside. It was already getting late. The sun was about to go down and you two were just sitting at a spot near the lake were you always used to sit.

Catching up with Albus was great. It made you realise how much you missed him. There was always a reason why You were friends and You always missed your time at Hogwarts.

'Wow it's already getting late.' Albus said.

'We've been talking all day.' You smiled.

'I know.. I missed that.' He smiled.

'Me too. I was doubting at first whether I should go or not.. I'm glad I went.'

Albus was happy to hear that from you. To be honestly he hoped you could stay longer. He really missed you more than he expected. Seeing you again brought back these great memories and happy thoughts.

'I haven't really asked what you do with your life. Like I'm a teacher here but.. what do you do?'

'Not much really. My life is quite boring. I do have a job but it's not that special. Just some ministry work. Not much action.'

'Sounds like you need a change in your life.'

'Maybe.' You shrugged.

Albus looked at you. Maybe he just had to go for it, you know. Ask you something he had been willing to ask.

'Then why don't you stay?' He asked.

You looked at him in confusion. You weren't sure what he meant. Albus saw it right away.

'A teacher recently retired, you've always been good at potions. Besides, if you need a chance of career anyways. It'll be like old times.'

That did sound very appealing.. but you weren't sure if it was something for you.

'Oh.. I don't know.. I'm not sure if I can do it. Remember when I tried to help you with school work and I failed at explaining the simplest things.'

'I also remember you helping me study and making me pass the exam.' Albus pointed out right away.

He did have a point there.

'What's stopping you?' Albus asked.

He was right. What was stopping you? What was making you doubt? You didn't have a boyfriend you were stuck with, you didn't like your job, your salary sucked and you missed Hogwarts.

'To be honest I don't know.' You said. 'Maybe I fear change.'

'I bet it'll be the best decision you'll make. Even if you need more time to think about it.'

You looked up at the sky and looked at the castle. You then looked at Albus. You wanted to stay. Partly for the job but also him. Maybe it was time for you to change.

'Screw it.. Maybe I should try and see where it goes.'

Albus smiled.

'A week of trying?' He asked.

You grinned.

'Deal.'