19 - years ago pt. 1

Start from the beginning

"Well then I guess I should go meet my new best friends, yeah?" He cocked his head to the side and I was done for.

He was new to Seattle, and I thought I had been lucky enough to be his first friend here.

And maybe I was so busy studying his movements that I didn't see the group of boys watching us walk away together, snickering. Maybe I was too focused on finding out more about this boy who payed attention to me that I didn't see him look back at them with a smug grin.

Because I wasn't his first friend. He already had friends here. But I wasn't supposed to know that.

Because that would've messed up his plans.

3 years ago
Ashton's House

"Man, sophomore year is gonna be the best." Michael said, planting himself down on Ashton's basement couch.

"Yeah," Calum agreed, setting down his soda can on the table next to him. "At least we'll be able to drive, soon, finally."

"Driving in your dad's hummer was still pretty sweet though, Cal." Michael said, reaching for Calum's soda to steal a sip.

"Is that the yellow one?"

We all turned to see Cade making his way down the stairs, signature cocky grin on his face.

"That's the one," Calum smiles. "Cassie come with you?"

"Don't worry, fuckboys, I'm here!" The girl herself said, flashing tips of pink hair from behind Cade.

A collective playful eye roll is made from the boys as Ashton brings in way too many sodas to accommodate our small group. Cassie takes a seat next to Michael, mentioning to the group that he should let her dye his hair blue.

"Yeah right," Michael snorted, shaking his long hair to the side. "I'm never dyeing these luscious locks."

I giggled at this, because we all knew Cassie could convince the boy to do just about anything, so it wouldn't be too surprising if showed up with vibrant hair one of these days.

As I laughed, I noticed Cade turn to me at the sound, making his way over to my spot on an oversized recliner with the same grin permanently on his face.

I gulped when he slid into the limited space next to me, lifting me slightly with ease so that half of my body rested on his legs. He wrapped an arm around my shoulders and I pretended like it didn't affect me.

Maybe Cassie was right. Maybe I did have a 'huge crush' on him.

"Hi." He said, his face much too close to my own.

"Hi back." I said weakly.

He laughed lightly. "You're so cute, Lisi."

My heart warmed and I fought back a smile as I let out an annoyed groan. "Shut up," I grumbled, swatting him in the chest lightly.

He chuckled at my obviously feigned annoyance, a usual occurrence for the two of us. "Why?" He pulled me into him further with his arm that was wrapped around me. "It's true," He lowered his voice as he spoke. "You're adorable."