Oh my God, he was the guy Amanda introduced me to, Elijah Rossini.

"Is that right?"

"Mhm. Now the question is, are you gonna give me a chance?"

He had this look on his face, where his eyebrows were raised and his face graced with a half smile. It seemed impossible to say no to but I resisted.

His way of flirting seemed practiced, as if this was something he did on a regular basis.

I observed him with a calculating gaze, then he bent his head to whisper in my ear, "I can make you feel really good, we can have such a great time together."

I shook my head in disbelief. Is he serious right now?

But if he thought it was going to be easy to get me to hop on his dick then he made a sad mistake.

We met once and this guy is already trying to get into my pants.

"Hold up, just the part about how you can make me feel good, allows me to know what your intentions are. I'm not the type of girl you should approach with this strategy. I need something steady, so if you don't want that, then we're not on the same page," I said.

"Alright, I'll keep that in mind," he answers nodding seriously.

I narrowed my eyes again still in disbelief of what he said before I shake my head and start walking away.

"I'm Elijah, from last night," he states while I was walking away.

I stopped and spun around to face him and examined him closely, like I didn't already know it was him.

"I'll see you around right?" He asked.

I stood staring at him, eyebrows raised at his confidence before I smiled lightly.

"Maybe," I answered before hurrying towards the hall where my dorm was located.

He knows damn well that it would never work between us.

First of all, I don't like the vibes he's sending and secondly I don't have time for this. Going through a talking stage just so he can fuck and duck, when I could've been doing this with someone who was serious about me.

Well he got the wrong one that's for sure.

~

I sat around my desk doing my assignment for tomorrow when Amanda comes in looking drained after a long day.

"Wow, it's the first time I've actually gotten here in time to see you not in bed."

"Yup, you're way early if I'm not in bed yet cause I like to hit the sheets at 8," I revealed and she nods in agreement.

"So... what did you think of my boyfriend?" She asked throwing her bag on the floor.

"He's okay, I suppose." I shrugged.

"Whatever," she rolled her eyes.

I laugh at her pettiness.

"I saw you and Elijah looking at each other, do you like him?" She asks too excited.

"Funny you mention him because he just saw me today and was saying all this shit about how I should give him a chance. I mean, he's good looking but just not really my type and... I don't trust him."

"Let me guess, cause he's white?" I hesitated with my response not wanting to cause offense.

"Alyssa, word of advice. You have to give some of them a chance to see who's really worth it y'know."

"I don't know, there's something very off about him."

"Elijah is a prowess when it comes to women. Pussy is one of many things he's never had to work hard for in his life. Most times they throw it at him even when he doesn't want it, perks of being handsome I guess. The point is, he's just like every other guy in college. You're gonna have to go through a lot of talking stages with guys anyways. Why not start with this one? Even though you know he's not serious," she says.

"Well it seems like you know a lot about him."

"I really don't but he's the talk of this university. Not only is he good looking but he's rich. The girls here, they love him. He's handsome, rich, charitable and on the honor roll every year."

"Oh, really? Tell me more," I coerced.

I needed to know everything about this guy before I even considered giving him a chance.

I need to know what I'm getting myself into.

"Don't worry I'll tell you everything I know about that man," she assured.

She told me everything she knew about Elijah straight up into the late hours of the night until we got tired and went to bed.