Chapter 35: A Little Punishment

The scene had the service man who was Will, our classmate, and Romeo was Omar.

We took our positions for the play and I was already getting nervous.

The play set in a ball right now. I was acting as if I was standing alone at a corner.

Omar stood at the other end of the classroom with Will, the servant man.

"One! Two! Three! Go!" Ms. Henry said.

We started the act.

From far, Omar looked at me. I stayed at a corner, trying to calm down.

Omar leaned near the wall and crossed his arms on his chest. He looked at me, up and down, as if he was checking me out.

I knew it was an act, but, gosh! Omar's actions were too realistic and it was making me feel even more nervous.

"What lady is that which doth enrich the hand of yonder knight?" Omar asked.

"I know not, sir," the servant man said.

Omar watched me as he said, "Oh, she doth teach the torches to burn bright. It seems she hangs upon the cheek of night . . ."

I couldn't help but to caugh a little.

I knew the lines were for Juliet but it was just making me more nervous for who knows for what reason?!

I tried to act calm and looked away. From the corner of my eye, I could see Omar having a playful smirk on his lips, which only meant one thing. He knew that he was making me nervous just by his dialogues and he was going to do it more now.

"Like a rich jewel in an Ethiope’s ear, beauty too rich for use, for earth too dear," he said, not leaving the smirk out of his face. "So shows a snowy dove trooping with crows. As yonder lady o'er her fellows shows. The measure done, I’ll watch her place of stand, And, touching hers, make blessèd my rude hand. Did my heart love till now? Forswear it, sight! For I ne'er saw true beauty till this night."

I took a deep breath in and breathe out.

Calm down, Yumna. It's just the dialogues.

I reminded myself and tried to stay calm.

The music crew began to play a music. Other actors came in front of the class and began to ball dance.

I stood in a corner and tried to act calm. I needed to remember my lines as well.

I watched Omar coming from his place. He walked to me and then in front of me, he bend down to his knees and took my hand.

I gasped as our fingers touched.

Seriouslly, this wasn't the first time he touched my fingers but these few days, even his small touches were making me feel weird.

Omar looked at me with his dark hazel eyes. "If I profane with my unworthiest hand, this holy shrine, the gentle sin is this: My lips, two blushing pilgrims, ready stand To smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss," he said and looked at me with the eyes that was making me lost in his eyes.

I didn't even know when but I couldn't peal my eyes away from him. His voice was too natural and his hands felt warm against my hand. I couldn't talk. I was too nervous to even say a line.

I felt Omar rubbing my hands a little, signalling me silently that everybody was waiting for my reply.

I gave a small nod and began to say my lines.