The fall of an empire

I yawned as I awoke from the weirdest dream.

That wasn't a dream but it was traumatizing. It was like an octopus fucking a Barbie doll. No, like an octopus fucking a...no, yeah, a doll. It was just awful. I'm too young to see this sort of shit, Cross. I'm only 12. God.

Chara, I have a question.

If it in involves retro squid , I'm not answering.

No, no, it's just..why now? Why do you talk to me now? What about when I first came here?

When you first arrived here, I was asleep. I woke up when your heat hit and let me tell you. You think it hits you hard, it hit me a hell of a lot harder.

You know, for a twelve year old, you sure do swear a lot.

You know, for a grown ass skeleton, you sure don't act your age.

I threw the blankets off of me and began to look next to me to see that Nightmare wasn't in bed. I grabbed my jacket  and shorts from the floor and got dressed. I flung open the door and walked doen the hall when I began to hesr what sounded like crying. Growing more curious, I walked down the stairs and peeked around the corner to see Dream...crying like he lost someone special. Nightmare was holding him, trying to calm him down but failing. I noticed the scars and bruises on Dream and the blood that stained his clothing.

"N-Nightmare, it was horrific!" Dream wailed. "They broke my doors and windows, they slaughtered my guards with ease, they destroyed all my furniture, and they completely ravaged Palette's room! They set my castle on fire and I barely made it out alive! Thank goodness Palette wasn't there!"

"I know Dream..." Nightmare said as he burrowed his face deeper into Dream's sleeve. "I'll kill those sons of bitches. Every last one and I'll burn them alive."

They stayed like that for a few more minutes until Dream had cried himself to sleep. Nightmare lied him down and threw a blanket over him before he turned around and bumped into me. He swore as he grabbed his chest where his soul is.

"Don't fucking do that again! I could've died!" He growled before storming off upstairs. I heard a door slam. I wish I could cheer him up.

Maybe Dust was right...maybe Night is on his period...maybe that's with the sudden mood changes and-

Chara...not now.

Hmph...fine.

I watched as he left and I stared at Dream....

Oceans rise, Empire Fall~

Chara sang softly...

And they've never been more correct.

Hey, I know this is short but I needed to post something cs I didn't want to leave you guys hanging.

Btw.. I'm a Hamilton geek UwU