The Death Threat

"When I speak to you, you answer me." Nightmare hissed at me. Geez, all this for a bar of chocolate. I snatched (his wig) my hand away and glared at him.  I don't give a damn who he is but I hope he realizes that I'm not his property.

"I was hungry." I growled and reached for an apple rather than the chocolate. I turned and went back to the couch to sit. My head pounded and I felt dizzy. I turned head slightly to see Dust sitting there, calmly texting on his phone.

Didn't he die like 20 minutes ago?

"Ah, don't worry about Nightmare." He said absentmindedly as he texted whoever. "He's just pissy since his period started. He'll be like that for a week or two."

"Um.." If I remember correctly, don't human girls' time last from 3-7 days? How the hell...?

"Dust!" Nightmare screamed. "I'M GONNA STRANGLE YOU IF YOU SAY I'M ON MY PERIOD ONE MORE TIME!!"

"See that sudden burst of anger?"  Dust whispered to me. "That's one of the many moods he can experience. After this, he may feel depressed or sad or happy or anything! Oh, and he'll be bleeding from his-"

"COME HERE, YOU LITTLE SHIT!!" Nightmare raged as he stomped towards Dust who took off laughing.

After minutes of laughing, I decided to turn the TV on where there was news about riots outbreaking in Dream's kingdom. It looked horrendous. Buildings set on fire, children locked in schools for safety, and Dream...he looked like...he had lost hope.

Poor Dream...

"Don't watch that."

I nearly pissed myself. I turned to see Nightmare leaning over the couch with a can of soda. He looked to have changed clothes really fast. Before, he wore his usual black hoodie and black shorts. Now he was in a white t-shirt and a pair of grey jogging pants.

And...

His eyes...

They're not...blue. They're, in fact, a vivid purple. He glanced at me and I felt a wave of heat hit me when he smiled menacingly.

"Enjoying the show?" He said sarcastically. I quickly turned away and started continuing to watch the news when the TV suddenly cut off. I glanced at Nightmare, thinking he had something to do with this and he did. He walked around the couch and sat down, holding the TV remote the entire time. "I said don't watch that."

"Why?" I asked. He glared at me as if I wasn't allowed to ask questions but I glared back. He sighed.

"I'm still trying to fix that." He simply said before pulling out a black phone.

"How did the riots start?" I asked. I was genuinely curious. I always thought Dream's kingdom was pretty peaceful, wealthy, and successful. Why would a riot start there?

"Dream made the decision that his son, Pallette, would rule when he died and if Pallette shall die, I rule." He told me as he cut off his phone and stared into his lap. "His citizens didn't like the thought of me ruling or Pallette since Pallette is the son of Ink, who's a foreigner to Dream's kingdom. They want someone who knows the kingdom, the government, and the people just as well as Dream and..well...they know what happens if I rule both of our kindgoms."

"I honestly thought Pallette would be a good fit since he gets along with everyone. He's a social butterfly but they don't like him to rule. Thinks he's too childish and immature." He continued. "So, they held protests and started privately electing monsters to rule and planning to overthrow Dream, all in which have been sentenced to prison for conspiracy and treason. When monsters started going to jail, everyone was outraged. They expressed their anger through riots and violent acts against everyone who supports Dream and his decisions. They've sent so many death threats to Dream, he considered breaking his crown and dethroning himself. That's where I stepped in."

"What do you do?" I asked, fully interested in this story now.

"I sent guards, assassins, and rangers into the kingdom and had them be my ears and eyes. Anyone, regardless of age, who plans to kill my brother or overthrow him will be spotted immediately. Dust, Killer, and Horror do the rest. I hoped the kingdom would've been more frightened due to the body count but..those monsters are brave..and stupid." He glanced at me for a moment before  continuing. "Their threats and attempts worsened. They stopped trying to kill just Dream and started trying to kill me, Dream, and Pallette. Eventually, Dream let Pallette stay with Ink until it was safe and, as for me..."

He glanced around and let out a low whistle. Suddenly, hundreds of monsters surrounded him in a circle, crossbows and swords in hands. I shivered at the sudden seriousness the room had. I  glanced at Nightmare to see he had a sly smirk on his face.

"I'd love it if they tried." He simply said before snapping his fingers. In an instant, every guard ran back to his spot and blended in like shadows. It made me feel uneasy knowing that I'd be watched. Night must've sensed my nervousness and placed a hand on my thigh, making me shiver and quickly stare at him. "Relax, they're not here all day. Different guards patrol different parts of the castle. These are my personal ones. They protect me and only me."

"Oh." I sighed. That's a huge relief. What if I came out in the kitchen with underwear and a shirt on and there were like 18 guys watching me? I'd get raped quicker than I could blink.

-Time Skip-

After a bit more talking, Nightmare showed me my room. I never understood why I was here and, whenever I asked, he would always say "Don't worry about it," or "You'll see later on," which really made me scared. What the hell was he gonna do to me?

I lied on my bed and began to get comfortable before I slowly fell asleep...

Why was it so hot..?

Sup.

So...

I'm still depressed....

I'm not so suicidal....anymore...

I'm fine...for now.....

Don't try to fix what's already broken....

Thanks...and I hope you enjoyed the chapter and am happy I'm back...

Stay Creative.

PaintErrors