The Adoption

Fell and Blue had lived several months in a pure state of depression. Fell mainly. He refused to go back to Underswap, afraid to see Blue again. Blue refused to visit Fell, terrified to see the memories of their baby's soul shatter again. They pretty much took a break from their relationship.

Papyrus couldn't stand it. He hated how sad his brother was or how silent the house was when he returned home. Blue never wished him goodbye when he left and never said welcome when he came back. Blue never cooked tacos or anything and he never ate what Papyrus cooked. It was killing Papyrus and Blue didn't care. He only cared about what could've been real.

Papyrus had enough and called Ink and Geno over for some help. Once they arrived, Ink made the fatal mistake bringing his newborn son, Cray, over for the visit. Ink stepped in, carrying Cray in his arms. Papyrus glared at the baby before shaking away his look. Error would surely break his soul quicker than he could blink if he found out Papyrus looked that way to child who hadn't even grown up.

Ink sat on the couch and positioned Cray to spot where he wouldn't roll off the couch in his sleep. Geno handed Ink a bkanket and helped cover Cray as he slept. Ink looked up to see Papyrus watching them closely.

"Papyrus, don't worry," Ink said. "I've had three others before. I'm pretty sure I know what to do."

Papyrus suddenly looked up out of what seemed like a daze amd looked at Ink, confused. Ink just giggled.

"Okay, why are we here again?" Geno asked, crossing his arms to over his chest and crossing his right leg over his left.

"It's Blueberry." Papyrus said. He looked sadly upstairs to the hallway and sighed heavily. "He refuses to leave that room for anything. I mean, he comes out to use the bathroom and see me leave but that's about it. I've noticed a couple knives missing and I honestly think I broke him because when I-"

"Wait, what you did this to him?" Geno hissed. "Knives missing, not leaving his room, rarely smiling. That's not sadness, Paps, that's called a severe state of depression and you mean to tell me you, his loving brother, put him in this state?! What kind of fucking brotherly love is this?! Can you even call this love?!"

"Geno's right." Ink said quietly  "That's terrible. What did you even do?"

"Well," Papyrus started, nervously rubbing the root of his spine. "I, uh,"

"Yeah?" Geno pushed.

"Can't be the worst thing ever, could it?" Ink reassured.

"Well, I, uh, killed his child."

Silence lingered for what seemed like hours. Ink and Geno stared wide-eyed at Papyrus. Ink had tears swelling in his sockets. Geno's orbs vanished from his sockets. Papyrus was silent.

"I.." Ink started. "I never knew Blueberry had a child. How old was it?"

"It was never born."

Suddenly, Geno jumped up and grabbed Papyrus's collar, shoving him against the wall. His left eye glowed blue and red and he growled lowly. "You mean to tell me, you murdered an unborn child for nothing?!"

Before Papyrus could answer, Geno throw him across the room. Papyrus's skull knocked against the wall roughly. His skull cracked and red blood leaked through. Geno was about to harm him more until they heard faint footsteps. Geno and Ink looked to their left at the stairs and saw Blueberry wrapped in a fluffy blue robe with bunny slippers on. He looked exhausted and apathetic as his eyes glanced from them to Papyrus who sat on his knees, holding his skull.

"What's going on?" He said hoarsely as if he'd been crying yet his voice had no emotion. It was like he was alive but there was emptiness filling his body.