The truth

It had been two weeks since I had walked out of the hospital leaving Colin behind. The original anger had faded now my heart was aching with the loss. I couldn't still believe Colin would cheat but I was being too stubborn to listen to his explanation. He had called me several times everyday but I just sent them straight to voicemail which I still hadn't listened to.
Matt had taken the twins every day to see there dad. On a night they just wouldn't settle as they were used to Colin playing his guitar to lull them to sleep. So all three of us were always tired and grumpy. Just then Matt and Dorris came through the door with the twins. They placed the twins on the floor with their toys then sat on the sofa with me.

Dorris "Ellie you really need to speak to Colin he's in a worse state than you and is still insisting he never slept with her"

Ellie "What other explanation is there Dorris?"

Dorris " I'm not sure Ellie but I believe him when he says he never cheated"

Ellie "so what is his explanation for the pictures?"

Dorris "He won't tell me. He said you are the only one he needs to explain himself to and you know how stubborn he is. He's worse than you and that's saying something"

Matt just sat there listening whilst drinking his beer. Until he decided it was time for him to add his thoughts to the conversation.

Ellie "I know we are both stubborn but he could have at least tried to prove himself another way not just by leaving me voicemails"

Dorris "this is Colin we are talking about Ellie. You know he's no good with the emotional stuff just look what it took for him to admit he was in love with you"

Ellie "Yeah. Me walking out on him after he accused me straight out for doing something I hadn't done. Even then it took him 3 weeks to admit he was wrong and that he loved me"

Matt " listen to Dorris angle. I don't think he has cheated. Was he stupid and did he lie to you? Yes but I think he only did that so you wouldn't jump to the wrong conclusion. He knew what your fears were before he left and with the whole Dorris thing at the beginning of your relationship I don't think he wanted to risk telling the truth just in case.(He turned to Dorris) sorry Dorris but you know yourself how Ellie reacted when he spent the night dealing with you at the beginning of there relationship."

Dorris "it's ok and I get what you mean. Ellie please listen to us. Colin might be a idiot but he loves you too much to ever cheat"

Ellie " I know but what about all the pictures?"

Dorris "well I'm not sure about them. But didn't Colin say she had been at every concert and that she was a extreme fan."

Ellie "Yeah still doesn't explain pictures tho"

Matt "I think you should talk to him. Let him explain. I'm not saying let him back in straight away just listen to him then decide because if you don't you will regret it for the rest of your life"

Ellie "but what if I don't like what he has to say?"

Dorris "then walk away and you will have us all to back you up no matter what you decide to do. But if I was you I would hurry we go on tour with him in four weeks. So this needs sorting or it will be a living hell on tour for all of us"

Ellie "Ok but I need food first"

Both Dorris and Matt burst out laughing. As soon has we had all eaten and I had bathed and changed the twins I got ready to go to the hospital to hear Colin's explanation.

Ellie "Dorris are you ok to watch the twins when Matt takes me to see Colin"

Dorris "Yeah Chris will be here soon so he can keep me company"
She replied with a wink as we headed towards the door.