The goodbye

The party we held for Colin had gone well the previous night. Today was the day I had to say goodbye to him for six month. His flight out wasn't until ten tonight so we had all day together.

Colin "kitten I'm going to meet up with Matt and Adam for a few hours then I will be back soon. If you need me just text"

Ellie " Ok see you soon. Think I'm just going to get the girls round for a bit"

Colin " Ok bye love you kitten"

Ellie " love you too my sexy metalhead"

I sent a quick text to Lisa and Doris inviting them round. Within ten minutes they were both standing at my door.I was still freaking out about the pregnancy but managing to hold it together for the sake of Colin. I still hadn't managed to find the strength to tell Colin. I just couldn't find it in me to destroy his dreams I knew if I told him he wouldn't go on his tour he'd want to stay with me. I wanted to get the girls opinion. 

Lisa " hi sweety hows it going "

I didn't know what to say I still hadn't told Doris. Not because we were not friends it was more the fact that Doris had a crush on Colin for years it took her a good few months to come around to the idea we were dating and even longer for the idea of us living together. Today was the day I was going to tell her we were pregnant and find out if she had any advice.

Doris " Hi Ellie how's things"

Ellie "I'm fine I just have something to tell you and I need advice"

Doris looked at me suspiciously whilst Lisa just gave me a encouraging smile. They both came straight in and sat on the sofa whilst I made everyone a coffee.

Doris " So what do you need to tell us and how can we help"
she replied with a shy grin. I had never asked Doris for advice especially when it came to mine and Colin's relationship. Lisa looked up straight into my eyes has into rush me
along.

Ellie " If you knew something that would stop Colin from following his dream for the next six months would you tell him or would you keep it to yourself and let him carry on with his dream?"
Doris gave me a quizzical look as to tell me to get to the point. Whilst Lisa replied

Lisa " well it depends what it was that I knew and if it would be ok holding off until he got back in six months"

I was so glad she hadn't let slip you already knew as I really didn't need Doris going off in one of her over the top spoilt brat tantrums which she normally goes in when she doesn't get her own way.

Doris " I agree so spit it out and then i will tell you my view"

With shaky breath and shaky hands. I slowly took a deep breath to steady myself and wait for Doris's mealt down once I had told her. "Here goes" I thought to myself.

Ellie " I'm eleven weeks pregnant I am really scared that if I told Colin he would cancle the tour and end resenting me and the child for destroying his dreams. I don't know what to do"

Doris's face was one of pure shock. Whilst Lisa pretended it was the first time she heard the news as she bounced around my apartment like a excited energizer bunny. Doris growled at Lisa's over excitement has she wasn't to keen on the over the top girly things and found it really annoying. I took one look at them both and burst out laughing as it was like looking at two complete polo opposite reactions I just couldn't help myself. It took us around five minutes to compose ourselves and for Doris to snap out of her initial shock.

Doris " So let me get this straight you're pregnant to Colin and you don't know if to tell or not in fear you will destroy his career am I right?"

Ellie " yep"

Doris " Well my opinion is he's only gone for six months so he will be back in time to witness the birth of his child don't know how he will react when he gets back to that type of life changing supprise so can't advise you there and you will be texting and video chatting with him every day so you could tell him once he's gone he will have less chance to drop everything especially when he realises you have me,Lisa,Adam and matt to support you whilst  he's on tour. So my opinion is let him go and tell him once he's there."

Lisa " Sweety I'm sorry to say this but I agree with Doris you should tell him before he gets back"

Ellie " ok well I  have my first scan in two days. So I think I will let him have a couple of weeks to settle into his new schedule and once I'm through the most risky stage of pregnancy then I will tell him. I don't want to tell the boys either until I have had chance to tell Colin. You know what them two are like can't keep anything to themselves especially Matt he's like the gossip king lol "

Doris and Lisa " well we agree and we are both there for you what ever you need"

  For once these two are getting along for a change and I realised I had all the support I needed to get through this. After a good hour of talking about the pregnancy. We decided to discuss what we are going to do with the band once Colin had gone neither me or Doris had the heart to replace him. So we decided we would sing whilst we got a new guitarist to add to the band not to replace. We then decided to head to the bar to meet the boys. They both promised not to tell any of the boys until I was ready. I already felt bad not because I wasn't telling Colin as I knew I was doing that for the right reasons but by not telling Matt he was my bestfriend and we never kept secrets from each other. "Shake out of it Ellie" I thought to myself as we headed into the bar. It was the same bar I had first laid eyes on Colin,the place the band got their big break and the place where we were about to say bye to the most important person in my life.

Colin " Hi kitten you ok you don't look to good "

Ellie " yeah I'm good just worried you're going to forget us once you become a world famous rock god"
I replied behind teary eye's struggling to hold the tears back.

Colin " not going to happen kitten ever. Promise you will wait for me" he placed a kiss on my neck on my sensitive spot which still sent shivers down my spine "Do you want a beer?"

Ellie " promise and orange juice please"

After a few rounds of drinks we all jumped in the car and took Colin to the airport. A few teary hugs around the group it was my time to say bye to my sexy metalhead.

Ellie " I wish we had more time I'm really going to miss you"

Colin "I know kitten I'm going to miss you annoying me too" he said with a smirk as I slapped his chest which only made him laugh.

Ellie " yeah well I'm not going to miss your stubborn annoying ways you sexy metalhead" I said with a wink which caused him to laugh even louder.

Colin " I will text or ring everyday you  won't even know I'm gone and don't forget you can even stop at mine or you've still got your place seen has you haven't been able to rent it out yet"

With a final kiss,tears and a " I love you" we all watched him walk onto the private jet to follow is dreams. My heart was breaking watching him walk away whilst i realised the truth apart from my friends I was alone and pregnant. At that moment I was pulled into a sea of  warm caring arms and I noticed everything was going to be ok whilst I had this bunch of misfits around. My bestfriend Matt been the biggest misfit and the only one who always knew how to make me feel better.