Chapter Three

(Present)

~{(Izuku's POV)}~
_/\____________/\_

I wonder if he was trying to tell me with that question. He did say that it was metaphorical... so I won't think about it right now. I'll just take in the view of the moon in Kachaan's face. He looked godly like that. His blood red eyes that are always angry seemed to relax in the light of the moon. I saw him steal a glance from me.

"I really like the stars because I know I've day I'll be up there with them." He says with a small sad smile. Him talking about dying like this makes me wonder...

"Are... you suicidal, Kacchan?" I asked. He looked at me with wide eyes and after a split second, he laughed.

"Silly Deku, if anything I would want to live." He said sadly with a smile on his face. I felt like I should be getting more out of this. Now I'm worried... I know how oblivious I can be, so should I give this more thought? No, like I told myself earlier, it's fine. I'll just admire tonight and tonight only.

(Time Skip to a few weeks later)

~{(Katsuki's POV)}~
_/\______________/\_

School was... difficult... It was hard to not cough every five seconds, but it was fine. Me and Deku started hanging out after school a lot more. He had a lot of friends, and I wasn't jealous of it. I was glad he had friends so that if I die.... when I die, he'll have people to comfort him, if he would happen to need comforting. That was a bad thought. What if Izuku didn't really want to be my friend? What if he was just leading me on? What does it matter anyway, I'll be dying soon anyway.

I felt my breathing hitch. Coughing. Coughing every where. That's all that was going on. I tried to breath, but that only made me cough more. I fell out of my my seat. I could hear the commotion around me and arms were trying to keep me up.

"Kacchan!" I heard the person next to me scream. I covered my mouth to stop the blood. I saw his eyes. His dark green eyes with tears going down my face. I looked at my blood. It was extremely dark. It's never been like that before. With one more huge cough, I passed out...

~{(Izuku's POV)}~
_/\____________/\_

I heard a cough. Then another. And another. I looked toward the person that was coughing so much. Kacchan. This was exactly what was happening when he entered the hospital. I ran up to him when he fell to the floor.

"Kacchan!" I say loudly. Everyone was asking what was happening and trying to wake up Mr. Aisawa. Once he was awake, he called the hospital. Kacchan passed out in my arms. I felt confused with tears flowing down my face. What was happening? What was happening to him?

When the ambulance got there they took Kacchan without any questions, like they were used to it. Like it was normal. After they took him the class was in absolute silence, trying to comprehend what actually just happened.

I still had tears on my face, not even bothering wiping them off. I had to wait two hours. Two whole hours. But after that I rushed to the hospital and to the front desk.

"What room is Katsuki Bakugou in?" I ask urgently. She could sense my worry.

"I-I'm sorry, sir, only family members are allowed in his room..." She said, sad that she wasn't able to let me through. I nodded, I didn't need to take my anger out on her, it was her job. I went to sit down in the waiting room. I bawled my eyes out for what felt like hours. My mom came to come pick me up, but I refused. She practically dragged me out of the E.R. while I cried, begging her to let me stay.

~{(Katsuki's POV)}~
_/\______________/\_

Pain was all I felt at the moment. Just pain. I sat up and the pain subsided slightly. I took in my surroundings. I'm in another fucking hospital room. There was a mask on my face, obviously to stabilize my breathing. My mother ran into the room crying.

"Katsuki... They said... they said that your disease got worse!" She said running to my bed. My eyes widened. No... "They... they- *sob* -that you only- *sob* -have three months to... Live!" She wailed. I was practically frozen.

"No..." I said. She sobbed into my shirt. I felt tears flow down my cheek. "Mom... You can't be serious, right?" I ask as my tears flew harder.

"B-but... There's so much I want to do! I haven't even had my first kiss yet. Mom. I knew this day was coming, but I wish it wasn't so soon." I said hugging her back tighter. She pulled away and wiped her nose.

"You have to stay here for a month and a half." She told me. My eyes widened once again. I opened my mouth but no words came out.

I had to waste half of the time I had left to live alone in a cold hospital... Great. Just how I wanted to spend it...