CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN: And Here We Go...

Silence. It's been nothing but wood floors creaking made by my footsteps. Major and Cyrano are missing-- Leon was watching them last. He didn't bother to tell me where they are. It's bothering the hell out of me. I miss seeing their furry, adorable--big eye faces. Major's hyper tension wanting to play all the time-- even though its tiring, I'd drop everything just to play with him right now. Cyrano-- even though he's a lazy cat, I'd hug him until he starts to squirm in my arms. He's not much of a hugger.

My eyes look to my white linen sheets covering my mattress, they would be laying right there everyday when I get ready for work. I let out a deep sigh, this house is big for just one person-- I want my animals back. 

I walk to step forward to my closet seeing the dress still in the clear plastic sheeting. I grab the hanger with the dress hanging on and lay it gently on the bed. The color is dark--black dress, sort of a matte look to it. I thought it looked cute online when I bought it. It's just probably my negative thoughts getting the best of me. I start to unwrap the dress from the plastic-- starting from the bottom and pulling it from the top. I dispose of the plastic by just leaving it on the floor for me to pick up later, I slip into the dress. The fabric felt soft-- nothing itchy, sticky or just dying to get out of--no, it fit perfectly. The main reason I picked this dress is that its covered majority of my chest, It's not that I don't have a big chest or a flat one-- I prefer to cover up. 

I sat at the corner of the bed, hunched over to strap the heels on that will most likely pinch my feet sometime later tonight. I know later on during the event-- I will be pulling a, Mr. Rogers, and exchange my heels to vans. Once the heels were strapped around my ankles I stood up from the bed--making sure I could stand and walk in them. I take a few steps-- pretty sure I will survive in these. Oh man, lets hope I don't make a fool of myself if I were to trip upon arrival. I carefully walk to the bathroom to check my hair one last time. Seeing my reflection-- trying to ignore my make up-- I've touched it up twice already, no more! It looks fine. I push back a few stray hairs-- keeping it in an up- do look. I nodded to myself, just going to leave it at that. I exit out and stood in the middle of the bedroom. I blank out for a second, Oh damn-- I knew I'm forgetting something.  

Oh! A purse, duh! How could I forget something like that. Once again I head towards my closet-- shuffling all around to look for a clutch or a small purse to bring with me. Going through my small closet space-- I reach for a drawer organizer, there kept hidden was my handgun and leg strap. My inner voice is telling me to take it with-- in case something were to go wrong-- or something. my hand hovers just about it-- I don't know if I should or not. I could hear Chris and Leon's voice simultaneously telling me to take it. I'm just going to a work event-- surrounded by other cops and their families, I'm just being paranoid about it. I sigh and take the strap out-- rolling the bottom hem of the dress up to my right thigh.  I click the buckles--fastening the straps to fit comfortably. I grab the handgun, feeling the weight in my hand-- It slides into the holster strap--clipping it. I drop the fabric of the dress, the way it was designed it looks like nothing is hiding under there. 

(Y/n)- "Okay.." I mumble under my breath.  This is a look I didn't expect to see, or maybe I have just under a different circumstance. A doorbell echoes through the home, my ride is here. Now the problem is, going down the stairs in these heels. Damn it. 

Exiting out the bedroom and slowly heading down each step carefully, I finally made it to the door without injuries. My hand reaches for the door to see Niko dressed in a basic black tux, his hair styled differently from his everyday look. He looked good. 

(Niko)- "Well, don't you look pretty?" I roll my eyes and shyly blush. 

(Y/n)- "Shut up" I chuckle waving my hand.