• twenty four •

They had to camp.

Because Taehyung pathetically realized that after sprinting he had hurt his ankle again and it burnt like hell. The boys however didn't mind and passed out the moment they dropped on the patch of grass.

Baekhyun had decided to take the first watch and Sehun accompanied him, Chanyeol rested his head in Sehun's lap and fell asleep. Taehyung was nuzzled against Baekhyun's side and tried sleeping but something kept on bugging him. Like a slight pain in his chest and a dull ache in his temples. A groan left the lips of the grey head against his will and Baekhyun looked at him worriedly.

"Baby you okay?" Baekhyun asked quietly and Taehyung groaned, digging his face in Baekhyun's side and tightened himself into a ball.

"V? Hey tell me, you sick?" Baekhyun asked again and this caught Sehun's attention.
"V? Tell us." Sehun said and even Chanyeol was half conscious to know something was up.
Taehyung shuddered and rubbed his chest to subside the pain.
"Tell us" Sehun said,"Now"

Taehyung sheepishly looked up and muttered in a weak voice—
"My chest and head hurts" He said.
"You have something on you mind" Sehun said

And the boys knew. This was Taehyung's weakness and way of knowing when he was truly upset or disturbed. His head and chest start to ache or he could constantly rub his wrists as they will start to itch. (I'm speaking from experience everyone. This is me)

"I'm not" Taehyung said quitely,"Just a little over the edge, that's it"
"Yeah we know who pushed over the edge" Chanyeol rolled his eyes, now fully conscious but head still in Sehun's lap.
"What do you mean?" Taehyung asked quitely with a hiss.
"I saw you kissing Jungkook" Sehun said bluntly,"And I told them"
"That was against my will" Taehyung blurted while blushing hundred shades of red.
"You seemed to enjoy it either way" Sehun teased and Taehyung looked away, not wanting to hear any more.

"Shut up" Taehyung said but his voice lacked at anger.
"You in love? Aww" Baekhyun said and Taehyung spoke with a low snarl—
"Again. And I'll be hurt again" Taehyung said and the three immediately shut up, knowing the history of the youngest.
"We're sorry Tae" Chanyeol said and gave Taehyung's hand a pat.

"It's okay" Taehyung said and nuzzled against Baekhyun's again,"But don't bring it up again"
"We won't" Chanyeol said sincerely and then pulled the younger down to hug him close,"Now sleep"
Taehyung hummed softly and then slowly fell asleep in Chanyeol's arms.

The brown head looked up at Baekhyun and Sehun looking at him with lips pressed together. The three of them sharing the same thought.

Only if they were little more quicker.
Only if they had worked harder.
Then he would be with them today.
And Taehyung wouldn't have been so broken.

***

Jungkook shifted his position and turned to look at Taehyung with half closed lids. The older was sound asleep and laying in a tight ball next to his army mates.

Jungkook loved how his grey hair fell on his forehead like fluffy cascading waterfall. His pouty mouth was slightly parted as he breathed in and out deeply.

Jungkook looked at the three army men and found them soundly asleep, not looking like they won't wake up. Jungkook slowly sat up and looked around at the other five boys. All of them huddled together and sleeping like they haven't slept for days.

Jungkook got up and went up to the grey head and kneeled down next to him. He knew if he woke up Taehyung by shaking him, he was most likely to make a noise. So, Jungkook rested his hand over the mouth of the older and Taehyung's eyes flew open; instinctively grabbing Jungkook's arm but the brunette just let out a shush and Taehyung looked up. His tight muscles relaxing as a sigh escaped his covered mouth.

"Come with me" Jungkook whispered and got up and went further away from the camp. Taehyung questioningly followed Jungkook though it was hard cause his ankle still hurt and constantly looked behind to see if anyone was up.

Once out of ear shot Jungkook turned around and Taehyung almost bumped into him. The grey head backed a few steps while mumbling a sorry.

Cute.

Jungkook cleared his throat, begging Taehyung in his mind to stop making a pouty face cause he might kiss him again, scratch that—he will kiss him again.

"What do you want?" Taehyung asked softly, his ears warming up like fire.
"Umm...Tae...I'm sorry" Jungkook said and Taehyung looked him into the eyes with furrowed eyebrows—,"Look Taehyung I shouldn't have kissed you earlier. It was so against your will. I'm really sorry that I touched you when you weren't willing to"

"Oh..." Taehyung let out.

"I hope you are not angry." Jungkook said as guilt washed over him like tides.
"Oh..ah..no..yes...maybe..argh" Taehyung smacked his forehead with his hand and Jungkook couldn't but chuckle. He wanted this cute soldier with him for the rest of his life. More like needed him.

"It's okay Kook" Taehyung said finally and Jungkook broke into a smile and raised his arms to hug the older but then realized that Taehyung never responded to his hugs much. So he let them fall back. But he was taken aback when he felt arms wrap around his torso and a head nuzzling his shoulder. Jungkook wrapped his arms around the older and tightened his hug.

"You are so warm Jungkook..." Taehyung breathed out, his voice muffled by the clothes.
"Only for you" Jungkook said and bit back a I love you.

Jungkook looked up at the sky, and admired the stars which were shining so brightly in the sky tonight. But somehow they couldn't match up the beauty of the star he was holding right in his arms.

°°°°°°°°

Oof Taekook stans
I'm blessing your day