“I won’t even…. anyways are you going to come or not?” she asked.

“Erm, yeah, sure,” I replied.

She clapped and yelled, “Yay!” while skipping off.  I think it will be a nice break, and I don’t think I’ll have anything to do, anyways.

********

What did I get myself into? That was the first thought in my head as a suspicious looking object came flying my way. I had seen movies with high school parties, but I always thought they were exaggerations. Drunken teenagers dancing and laughing pushed pass me. The air was sweaty and tight. I could probably get everyone in here arrested… I walked outside to get some air.  

“Don’t fucking test me man!” I heard Creg yell and then another person’s laughter.

“What are you going to do? Let your mom beat me up?” I heard Alan say. What’s going on? I followed the voices and saw Alan swaying like a drunk and a pissed off Creg.

“Nah, I think I’ll do this,” Creg said and punched him in the gut.

“The fuck bro!” Alan yelled and punched Creg on the face. Creg lunged on him. Shit- he’s going to kill Alan. Do I dare? Yes, I do. I lunged on Creg and pulled him off and got in between the two boys.

“Guys, come on, you’re friends. Calm down,” I said.

“You’re really crazy man,” Alan said wiping blood off of his face and walked away.

“Bastard,” Creg muttered and walked away.

“Hey! Wait up!” I jogged to catch up to him.

“Will you stop following me around? You’re like a damn puppy,” he growled.

“You should be thanking me. I just saved you from committing a crime,” I said and realized how ironic that sounded. Creg laughed, but it was a really creepy one.

“You really have no idea, do you? If you only knew the real me, you wouldn’t even talk to me again. You’d probably go running to the police.” he said. I stopped in my tracks. He turned around at my sudden stop. I walked closer to him and put an accusing finger on his chest.

“Then let me know who you truly are,” I said. He raised an eyebrow.

“You think you know me so well? You don’t; I’m not the perfect girl you think I am,” I whispered.

“You can’t possibly be as bad as I am,” he said challenging me.

“What’s so bad about you?” 

“Stay and find out,” he said and kissed me. I kissed back, for the mission… at least that’s what I told myself. I pulled away after a while.

“Let’s get you cleaned up,” I said referring the blood on his face.

I was sitting on Creg’s couch cleaning and bandaging his face.

“I feel like I’ve become your nurse or something,” I said chuckling lightly. No response from Creg. I only got a poker face. I sighed.

“Do you want to talk about it?” I asked.

“Talk about what?” he said acting oblivious. I rolled my eyes.

“Explaining why you went crazy back there and attacked your friend might be a good place to start,” I said.

“I don’t need to explain anything to you,” he said harshly.

“I didn’t say you had to, but everyone needs someone to talk to, someone to understand them,” I said. He looked me in the eye.

“You wouldn’t understand anything,” he said.

“Try me,” I challenged.

“Fine,” he muttered and took out a little box from his pocket. It was the box I had wanted to see. He opened it up and a paper fell out. He motioned for me to read it. It was a normal printer paper cut into a shape that looked like a heart. On it there was a drawing of a stickman girl and guy holding hands. The girl was labeled “mommy” and the boy labeled “Creg”. It was embarrassingly cute.

“Long story short: my mom is in a mental clinic. I went to visit her last week and she gave that to me. It fell out of my pocket during the party. Alan saw it and made stupid drunk remarks, so I lost my cool,” he finished. I was staring at him astonished that he told me that.

“Great I even freaked you out,” he said.

“No, no, there’s nothing wrong with that. You shouldn’t feel bad. I mean, my mom was pretty crazy as well. She actually killed herself, and don’t even get me started on my dad,” I said blabbing. Creg kissed me, yet again.

“Well, that’s one way to shut me up,” I said against his lips. He chuckled and pushed me down onto the couch.

*********

I woke up and rubbed my eyes. Who in the world is in my bed? Wait, this is not my bed. Shit. Fuck. Ew. Gross.

‘A criminal, are you serious Emine?’ – My conscience scolded.

‘Oh shut up’

Great, now I’m talking to myself. That’s totally sane, right? I got up, found my clothes, and got dressed. I looked at Creg sleeping. He looked, well he looked innocent. That was ironic in so many ways. I shook my head and tiptoed out the front door. I felt like a bitch for leaving, but I didn’t want confrontation right now. I just hope he doesn’t think of me as just another girl that he succeeded in getting into bed. I mean, not that I care, but I’m thinking of the mission. Yeah, of course that’s all. No matter how hard I told myself that, I couldn’t get him out of my head the whole day. I groaned. What the hell is wrong with me?