Shudder

It took two days for the house to be cleaned and the windows to be replaced. I was surprised to feel excitement when Weston told me that we were going . . . home. Being at my parents was worse than being in Weston's house. My mother was sucking up to me every second she saw me. I also had to sleep next to Weston. 

I almost freaked when she noticed my mark and started crying tears of joy. 

Now I'm sitting in Weston's truck with my head against the glass. I know the way to his house now. Therefore, I'm shocked that he takes a right turn into town. 

"Where are we going?" 

He looks at me and smiles. His smile could stop a bullet. My breath leaves my body for a second. 

"We have to pick up your car at the shop," he tells me before turning his attention back to the road. 

I sigh and go back to looking out the window wistfully. The sun was high and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. It truly was a beautiful day. I smile as I see two kids running down the sidewalk. It reminds me of my brother and I when we were younger. Colorado is beautiful. 

Weston's large hands grip the steering wheel firmly as we pull into an auto shop. I see the Nissan. My mind flashes with memories of the horrible night. I can see the glass exploding. I can hear my screams. 

"Here are the keys," Weston throws them at me before digging into his wallet, "here is some money." 

I look at the money he is handing to me and stare at it. I stare at the cash for a few seconds before slowly taking it. I try to smile but I probably just look scary. 

I thank him, despite every fiber of my body telling me to be a stuck up bitch. When I look up, he looks surprised that I've said one nice thing to him. He slowly gets back into the truck and drives off down the road. I watch him go before getting into my car. 

This time I know how to start it. I push the button and place my hand on the steering wheel. 

Before I do that, something in the corner of my eye in the backseat.

I gasp and whip around faster than you can say taco. 

It's a new camera. 

For once, a genuine smile spreads across my face. 

When I get home, I set my keys on the counter softly. The house is quiet and clean. The windows aren't shattered and a new table has been placed where the old one was destroyed. 

I slowly climb the stairs and enter my room. I set the camera down on the bed and fight the excitement I feel in my chest. I want to rip open the box but I know there is something I have to do first. 

His door is closed. I can hear the tv in his room playing softly. I stand outside his door for a minute and think. Should I apologize or should I keep up this bitchy act? I want to stick to my guns and stick to Daniel. 

However, I know who I am. Being unkind isn't me. I don't like Weston, but it would be wrong of me to not say thank you. 

So I end up knocking. 

"Come in." 

I twist the knob and enter his room. He is laying in bed with his laptop on his lap and a bottle of water next to him. His lamp is on as well as his tv. He looks up from his work and smiles at me. It's not a full-blown smile. It's a cautious smile. 

"I'm guessing you found the camera," he says. 

I bite my lip to fight a smile. Instead of answering I nod.