They Call Me Angel (One Direction Fanfic)

Start from the beginning

" You mean that big boy band?" She asked.

" Yup." I replied popping the "p".

" Do have any idea how many hearts you would have broken if you had killed yourself?" Angel asked with a raised eyebrow.  That immediately made me feel guilty. I love my fans and hate doing anything that would upset them.

" I didn't even think about that." I mumbled. I heard her mutter something the suspiciously like "What an idiot!" and I couldn't help but smile at the fact that she wasn't afraid to insult like even though she knows I'm famous.

" Well, it was nice meeting ya Niall." And with that she turned around and started walking.

" Angel! Wait!" I called out and trotted after her.

" Yes?" She asked in an exasperated tone.

" You look like your in need of a place to stay.  And I think it would be right if you came and stayed with me and the lads."

" I don't need your pity!" She snapped and walked off.

" Oh I guess I'll have to tell the police about this crazy girl running around being a menace." I yelled nonchalantly.  Angel spun on her heel and glared at me.

" You wouldn't." She said.

" Oh, but I would." I said, grinning evilly.

" Fine." She grumbled and followed me as I lead her back to me and the boys flat which was only a couple of blocks from here.

Angel's P.O.V

I was mad at Niall for threatening me but I was so relieved to know, that at least for a little while, everything would be okay.

I was amazed when Niall stopped in front of the building that held his flat.  It was huge and fancy.  We then walked through the empty lobby ( which wasn't surprising being that it was about 3 in the morning) and got into the elevator and rode it to the top floor. 

When the elevator reached our destination I became nervous. I was meeting One Direction in ripped baggy jeans and a large stained long sleeve shirt.  I knew for a fact that I looked and smelled horrible.  Because believe it or not homeless people have a hard time finding places to shower.

But no one should be awake this early.  So I won't have to face them right now, right?

Wrong.  As soon as Niall opened the door there were shouts of relief.  I hung back outside the doorway as the three boys in the room hugged Niall.

" Thank God Niall!  We got your note and thought you were dead!" The one with curly hair cried.

" Yeah well I'm not.  Where are Liam and Simon?" Niall asked desperate to change the subject.

" Out looking for-" The one with the quiff started but stopped as two people brushed by me and squeezed Niall.  I guess they were Simon and Liam.

" Bloody hell Niall what were you thinking?" The older man asked.

" Well..." Niall started but I didn't hear the rest as I had turned around and started walking.  I didn't belong here and I didn't want to intrude.

" Angel! Wait!" Niall called out. Dang it, I was close. I turned around but kept my eyes on my shoes.

" Yes?" I mumbled.

" I want you to meet some people." Ugh, he probably meant his band.  Even though I lived on the streets, I'd heard about the 5 boys and wasn't to sure they wanted to meet a street rat like me.  But, judging by the look on Niall's face he wasn't going to drop this, so I walked into the room with my eyes glued to my shoes.

" Hi love, whats your name?" I heard a voice ask.  The voice was surprisingly high pitched but not feminine.  I quickly glanced up to match a face to the voice, the boy looked slightly older then the other boys and had brown hair swept to the side and soft blue eyes that held a hint of childishness that was most likely always there. Until I knew his name I think I will call him Sailor because of his striped shirt.

" My names Evangeline, but everyone calls me Angel." I mumbled shyly showing everyone my wrist. I don't know why, but these boys intimidated me and I'm not one to be easily intimidated.  Living on the streets and working as a street fighter for the past three years has hardened me up but these boys made me feel like my walls were transparent.

" Well Angel, I'm Louis," Sailo- er... I mean Louis said. " And this is Harry" he pointed to Curly, " This is Zayn," he pointed to Quiff, " Simon" the older man, " Liam" brown hair, brown eyes, " And of course you know Niall already."

" And we're One Direction!" The boys all said at exactly the same time.

" That's incredibly creepy." I told them.

" We know!" They said in sync once again.  I felt a ghost of a smile playing on my lips.  These boys were something else.

" Well, it was nice meeting you boys but there is somewhere that I really need to be." I said curtly and ran off without giving them a chance to respond.  I took off through the allies near their house, really booking it.  I didn't want to worry Jay and Jay would worry if I wasn't back soon.

I skidded to a stop in front of a shabby, rundown house in the poorer part of London.  I didn't live here but I enjoyed spending the nights here when Jay wasn't doing...business.  I walked inside using the key in my pocket and to my relief Jay was sound asleep which meant he hadn't realized I was a little late and he wouldn't be tired for work tomorrow.

I layed down on the couch and wondered if that band, One Direction, was worrying about me since I ran off.  Nah, they got bigger fish to fry then me, I thought and drifted off into a fitful sleep.

A/N Ugghh... I hope that wasn't too horrible.  I know it might seem a little slow but it should speed up later if things go as planned.  Also, this chapter is dedicated to HanNguyen1 for giving me the amazing idea that not ALL One Direction fanfic's have to be about a girl falling in love with one (or several) of the boys intimately.  Plus the little Harry Potter/ One Direction stories involving herself at the end of chapters is pretty hilarious.