shattered heart |Chapter 07

Fear chills her body as someone grabs her wrist and she was about to scream only to see his hazel eyes full of fire, full of anger and determination as he drags her away from the set, away from her friends, away from her normal to the bungalow, to the passage, to a small room.

She wriggles her hand out of his as they enter and he turns around at the unexpected force exerted by her. His eyes shocked and wide as she shouts "What are you doing?"

She watches as he shakes and she knew he is going to shout. Knows him well enough to know they are a way towards a screaming match, the way his eyes are large "What the hell are you doing?!"

His voice booms in the small room making her falter slightly but she quickly composes herself answering him all nonchalant "Getting the set ready, incase you didn't notice?"

Sarcasm laced his voice matching hers as he replied "Oh I did noticed. Noticed everything actually. What is wrong Jennifer? Why are you avoiding me as if I am some repulsive bug"

And she wants to say he is not repulsive, that she doesn't find even a single atom of his body in any way repulsive but she doesn't say that, doesn't confess that, instead she says, wanting to get away from him as fast as possible because well she did decided not to be near him right?

"I am not. Now, if you are done, I've got a lot to do"

With that she throws him a smile and is about to leave not wanting to be even 10 more seconds with him.

"Don't lie to me" he huffs me, his eyes rakimg over her as his anger multiplies seeing her lying to him. The fact that she is lying to him breaks his heart, makes him feel not that trustable to her that she feels the need to lie, to not want to flak to him. And somehow that irks him.

"I am not. I am doi-" she blinks taken aback little at his accuracy in reading her after all years. And it surprises her as it makes her feel vulnerable, naked and small. Smaller than she want to to be.

"You're lying. You were fine when we first meet but today you're avoiding my existence" he cuts her off, furious at her nonchalant words about him, and as he doesn't hold a candle in her life as she does in his.

"I am sorry if you felt that way. But -" she mumbles ready to turn away, her hand tightening on the knob waiting to go out, away from his alluring glare. She gulps as he makes his way forward, his stance slow yet powerful as he says "I know you very well and I know that you are -"

His words slice through her like a knife, piercing right through her soul as all the crimes he committed came through like a flood.

And her eyes glimmered in anger as she cut him off, the mess in her ready to show its face" You don't know me "

It's a simple statement, simple enough to make Harshad hurt when he doesn't expect

" What do you mean? I know you very well. I've known you sin-" Harshad asks because no he knows her the best, knows her Hugh's and low's, knows her in and outs, knows about her likes and dislikes, knows when she will pout if she likes something she is forbidden to have, knows the way she awfully dances but can do a ball dance graceful like an angel, knows when it's 2 am and she can't sleep and will call him making him talk till she snores into her pillow. So when she says he doesn't know it angers him, it makes him lose his balance, makes his reality shakes and he can't have that.

"You don't know me at all! Never have and possibly never will." she says, her voice shaky with fear, anger and most of all hurt, hurt that is loud and clear.

He steps close to her making her step back and he halts in shock, in anger as he realizes everything is the same it was when she left. When he realizes last night she was only being civil to him.