Midoriya was upside down, twisted into several blankets, holding his stash of apple juice. He laughed awkwardly. "Uh.. hey! I was just straightening up before you came in." He knew it was too late, so he got back on the bed, brushing the juice boxes under his pillow. "As you can see, that didn't exactly go as planned." Midoriya chuckled awkwardly.

Todoroki smiled fondly at him, and he sat beside Midoriya. "No shame in apple juice, Izuku."

Midoriya felt a wave of warmth swarm over his cheeks, not anticipating that Todoroki would react positively. "Right. Hey, uh, we could share these if you want." He motioned to his blankets. "I know they're All Might themed but.. they're comfy."

"I think I'll take you up on that offer." Todoroki got underneath the blankets with Midoriya, sitting cross-legged. 

"I apologize for my intrusion. I was waiting at the door but I thought that you were in danger. It seems that I miscalculated," Todoroki awkwardly murmured.

"Hey don't worry about it. I'm just happy that you came." Midoriya was strongly aware of how close they were. He scooted a little closer to get warmer, their shoulders now brushing. "Okay. What homework do you need to get done?"

Todoroki removed a pencil from behind his ear. "Maths and the essay that we were assigned. What about you?" He looked down at the folders and pages that he had been clutching in his hands. They were cloaked in a solid layer of ice from earlier on when he used his quirk subconsciously. He didn't want Midoriya to notice, so he set his school materials to the side.

"Just the essay. I'm not sure what hero I want to write about. I've written about All Might too many times. I don't want the teachers to dock me points for that."

"Do they have to be mainstream? You could write about one of our classmates if you wanted to," Todoroki pointed out.

"Yeah, I'm sure Iida or Uraraka wouldn't mind. Or you.." he mumbled. "You'd probably be easiest, since you're right here."

Todoroki nodded, his heart jolting a little. He hadn't really expected that. "I'm okay with that," he confirmed.

"Great." Midoriya bit his lip. His hero journal was so close. There was loads of embarrassing drawings in there. He didn't really want to look in it for reference.

"Mind if I look at your journal? I might get an idea of who I would like to write about," Todoroki calmly asked.

Midoriya shrieked on the inside. His worst nightmare was about to come true. "Yeah, I don't mind," he answered despite his inner protests.

Todoroki flipped through the pages, admiring every drawing and hand-crafted kanji carefully. He came across the pages based upon all of the students of Class 1-A and Class 1-B.

He scanned each entry, up until he found the page with the information on himself.

"Why are there so many hearts on my page?"

Midoriya began to panic, his face flushing bright red. He frantically waved his arms as he attempted to grab the journal back. "OH, NO REASON! I THINK IT WAS AN ACCIDENT, I'M SORRY-"

Interrupting him, Todoroki murmured, "What are you sorry for? It's cute."

Midoriya's

heart

stopped.

"Cute?" he practically whispered, his throat having gone dry.

"Yeah," Todoroki casually responded.

Midoriya started smiling like an idiot, his cheeks flaming up. "Well.. thank you."

Todoroki offered him a little smile of his own. "So.. why are there so many hearts on my page? Mine also has the most written information.. not as much as All Might, but my document still surpasses our classmates'."

Should he tell him the truth?

"I'll answer that if you answer my question first. What hero are you planning on writing about?" This was a test. He could see where Todoroki stood if he answered the way Midoriya suspected.

"You. I haven't really seen a hero stand out since our fight all of that time ago. You're connected to All Might somehow. I just know it. One day, you're going to be unbeatable. I wouldn't be surprised if you even became the number one hero. Though, ranks don't matter very much, do they?"

Midoriya's heart began to beat at the speed of light, and his eyes lined with tears. Those words really touched him, especially coming from Todoroki.

Yet, he continued. "You might be number one to the world, but they won't ever feel the same sense of passion that I did way back then when we battled. You are something of your own, Izuku. I look up to you, and I want to achieve more and more just because I see what you're capable of. Because of you, I have been able improve and learn about myself, too." He paused, and lifted Midoriya's chin with his finger. "You're not just any average hero. You're extraordinary. Everyone else recognizes that too."

Midoriya's tears began to trickle down past his freckled cheeks. "Thank you, Shouto." He needed to hear that. He knew Todoroki meant it, considering that he hadn't ever heard him talk this much before.

Then, he did the unthinkable.

He moved just a little closer, and he held Todoroki's cheek in his hand. He stroked his thumb along his cheekbone, and he then boldly connected their lips.

Midoriya felt his hand begin to burn, yet, he didn't pull it away. He felt an added pressure to his own lips.

Todoroki was kissing him back.

Time slowed around them. The world came to a dizzying stop, just allowing them to have this moment.

They moved perfectly in sync. At that moment, Midoriya knew that this was right. Every so often, you'll instantly click with somebody. Todoroki was that person.

Today, Midoriya was finally convinced that soulmates were real. He felt like he could carry the entire Earth or run twelve laps around Japan in one go. He was willing to give everything he had to ensure that Todoroki was just as happy as he was. 

Because he couldn't imagine anything better than this feeling.