He was about to answer me but, thankfully, the teacher came in class and the lesson started. Stephen didn't sit in a different seat. He remained seated right next to me for the whole lesson but he didn't try to talk to me. He wasn't even annoying!

To tell you the truth, I was feeling a bit bad for saying all those things to his face. I know I've thought it over and over in my mind but it still wasn't polite of me to tell him the way I did in his face. I must have really shook him because he didn't even make a nasty comment, like normal bad boys do, during class.

"You know what? You're totally right!" He said when the lesson ended. I had just went out of the classroom when he approached me. "We would never work as anything more than friends. You overthink things too much. I'm more spontaneous. It would have never worked between us."

"I'm glad you see this as well! So, I guess we're done here." I said and I was about to leave for my locker when Stephen decides that he wants to pretend he's a Pokemon and he activated shadow mode. Which, if you didn't watch Pokemon as a child, means that he was contentiously blocking my way. "Could you please get out of my way? You're going to make me late for class."

"Well the fact that we wouldn't make it as a couple doesn't mean that we shouldn't at least try being polite to each other. I mean, you're pretty interesting and I would like to get to know you better, in a friendly way that is. We can even be friends if you'd like." He said and he stared at my face. "So, what do you say? Can we at least be friends?"

"You're asking me to be friends with you? What are you; five?" I asked and I burst out laughing in his face. I'm not sure if I saw correctly because the tears in my eyes were making everything blurry but I think that I saw him blush.

"Why are you laughing? What's so funny about a guy asking you to be his friend?"

"I don't think that you have any other female friends so what makes you think that you can start with me?"

"Like I said, you're a pretty interesting person and I would like to get to know you better. And since we've made it clear that we're not going to be anything more than friends- even if you dropped to your knees and begged me to- we can at least try! Look at it as an experiment."

"An experiment?"

"You don't like that term? Fine! Look at it as your opportunity to train me into being the best friend of a girl and possibly one of the most understanding boyfriends ever. I mean, if I can have friends that are girls and I can get along with them without sleeping with them and I can actually be there for them in their time of need, I can be a better boyfriend."

"And you want to do something like that?" I asked still not entirely sure if he was joking or not.

"Yeah. I mean, all the girls I've been with tell me that I'm too insensitive when it comes to their feelings and being a friend with a girl, and more specifically you since you're so kind and so big-hearted, would help me evolve."

"And how would you know that I'm kind and big-hearted? You just met me and the only thing I did was bitch at you!"

"Well, I don't but Max does and I trust Max. He told me you were one of the best people he knows."

"So, you want me to help you become a better boyfriend and a better person, in other words."

"In other words, yes."

"Okay..." I said and he looks really shocked.

"You're actually agreeing with this?"

"Are you trying to talk me out of your suggestion- when it took you so much time to actually convince me?"