Chapter 29

Alex woke me up bright and early the next day.

“I hate you,” I stated blankly. His brown ears twinkled with laughter.

“Get up,” He told me, ripping of my covers, “We have stuff to do.”

“I have no stuff to do,” I said, pulling my blankets back over me, “Nothing at all. I could stay in here all day and no one would notice.”

“Nope, I need you to help me with something.”

I threw my head back onto the pillow and pulled the blankets over my face.

“I can and will carry you.”

I didn’t move.

“Finley, we can do this the hard way or the easy way.”

Silence.

Alex sighed dramatically. “Suit yourself.” And suddenly I wasn’t on my mattress anymore, I was upside down, my life dangling in Alex’s hands.

“Put me down!”

“Hey, you asked for the hard way, you’re getting it,” Alex laughed in reply. I thumped his back as hard as I could. “Alright, alright, hold on.”

And then I was dumped onto the sofa in the back lounge.

I glared up at Alex, who stood sniggering above me. “Hey, you were the one who didn’t get up,” He defended himself.

“So, I was watching this interview the band did with Jack the other night,” I told him, trying to untangle the blankets from me and sit up a bit straighter on the couch, “And apparently you don’t usually get up til, and I quote “two to four pm”. What happened to that Alex, huh? Where’d he go?” I shook my head sadly.

Alex rolled his eyes and sat down beside me. “Sorry to disappoint, but this Alex has stuff to do.”

“What sort of stuff?”

He shrugged. “Well, we still need to introduce to the fans, don’t we?”

I sighed. “I thought that’s what we were doing last night.” I frowned. “You not going to write a speech to say at the next show, are you?”

Alex laughed, “No. I just want to make a little video explaining who you are to all of the fans who weren’t at last night’s show.”

“Okay...” I nodded slowly,” Do I have to be in it?”

“Not if you don’t want to be.”

“I don’t want to be. Can I go back to bed?”

“Nope,” He said, popping the ‘p’.

I sighed. “Asshole.

“Yup.”

So I sat and watched as Alex set up the Webcam on his laptop and began to make a video explaining my... presence. I wasn’t in the frame, but if I was you would have been able to see me gnawing at my lip the entire time.

“Any last words?” Alex asked before he uploaded. I shook my head. “Alright, then.”

And suddenly, I existed in the All Time Low family.

It wasn’t a show day, so there was no soundcheck or meet and greet. Instead, we took advantage of the tourist opportunities that being on tour gave us, and we went to wander around the city. It started out as a big group, the full band and crew, but as the day went on we naturally divided ourselves up. For the most part I was with Jack, Zack and Danny. We walked around the city, eagerly buying souvenirs and taking photos next to all of the attractions.