Chapter 27

A/N- Before I begin, I'm afraid there won't be any readers in this chapter. I'll explain at the bottom!

As it happened, I never got the chance to tell Alex. He and Jack were whisked away before soundcheck to do an interview with some Youtube channel, so the rest of us went into the dressing rooms. There was only a small one for All Time Low, with a few racks for the guys to hang up clothes, a dressing table in front of a mirror, and two sofas.

“So, Finley,” Rian said, sitting down beside me, “Are you looking forward to the show tonight?”

“Definitely,” I said, “I think it’s gonna be kind of weird seeing you guys all on stage, though. You know, in your stage personas.” I laughed. Rian did too.

“You won’t see much of mine, but Alex and Jack are ridiculous,” Rian said lightly, “Actually, you might want to disown Alex after you watch him, maybe it’s better that you wait on the bus.”

“No way,” I said, giving him a playful punch. “I’m not missing this! It’s my first concert, you know.”

“Really?” Rian asked in surprise. “Huh. I’m surprised Alex hasn’t already dragged you to a couple. Well, I’ve been told by some of our fans that All Time Low makes for a pretty good first concert.”

“Then I have high expectations,” I said, which was true. I kinda did, I’d looked up what people had said about seeing All Time Low live before, and apparently it’s an unforgettable experience.

“Are you coming to the meet and greet before the concert?” Rian asked me.

“The what?”

“Alex didn’t mention it?” I shook my head. “Oh,” Rian shrugged, “Well, it’s just a chance for our fans to come and say hey. It’s a bit more personal than a signing, you know? We can spend a few minutes chatting to everyone, and we get to answer fan questions. It’s cool. Are you coming?”

“I’d like to, it sounds fun,” I said, “But I’m not exactly part of the band.”

Rian shrugged. “Most of the crew go, and just hang around chatting to each other. You’re not going to have to do anything, the fans don’t know who you are, right? You can just sit down and eat all the junk food the venue leaves out for us. I mean, it means you won’t have to hang around the bus all evening.”

I frowned. “I guess. Yeah, sure, I’ll come along.”

Rian grinned. “Great! It’ll give you a chance to get to know the crew.”

If the rest of the crew was as weird as Simon was, I wasn’t sure that I wanted to get to know them.

“Actually,” Rian said, frowning suddenly like a thought had just occurred to him. “Is Alex going to introduce to the fans?”

“I don’t know,” I said, frowning with him. “We talked about it once, ages ago. But we didn’t actually decide on anything.”

“Do you want to?”

“Em,” I paused. “I’m not sure. Do you think they’d attack me?”

“What?” Rian laughed.

“Well, you know,” I blushed, “You hear all these stories about band member’s girlfriends and family members getting a load of hate online, and I don’t want that happen to me!”

Rian laughed. “Right, right. Well, I don’t know. I mean, Cassadee doesn’t get any hate from the fans, but I know Alex’s ex-girlfriend wasn’t liked by everyone.”

I frowned. “Really? Is that why they broke up?”

“No. I mean it was probably part of it, but I think most of it was just because the timing was awkward and Alex was always away and stuff. But anyway, I’m not sure if the same thing would happen to you.”