Chapter 27 and a Half?

• Dedicated to My Wonderful Readers!

The fans began to file into the room.

“Stick to me,” Alex told me. He began to walk away from the other members of the band, and they did the same, so that the fans wouldn’t be all cooped up in one corner.

They were mostly teenagers, all of them with shaking knees and nervous smiles. A pair of two came over to Alex and me.

“Um, hi,” Said one, breaking into nervous giggles as she looked up at the singer. She was average height for someone who I guessed was about my age, with blue eyes and soft-looking brown hair. “Holy shit, you’re Alex...”

Alex laughed. “That I am,” He said, looking down at her. “And you would be?”

“Oh, I’m Cecilia,” The girl said. She glanced at her friend beside her. “This is my friend, Sarah.”

Sarah was a little taller than Cecilia, although she had similiar blue eyes. I couldn’t help but envy her hair; it was long and blonde with teal streaks running through it.

“Nice to meet you both,” Alex said, “Well, I’m Alexander William Gaskarth, and this is Finley.”

“Are you okay?” I asked Sarah. Her eyes were starting to water.

“Er, yeah, fine,” She replied, rubbing them with her sleeve. “Just some tears of joy,” She said, trying to laugh it off. She looked at me, like she was wondering why I’d been here before anyone else was.

“Finley is my adopted daughter,” Alex explained before either Sarah or Cecilia could ask anything. They both choked.

“Oh, really?” Sarah asked, “Wow... well, hey, you seem like a cool chick.”

I laughed. “Thanks. So do you.”

Alex turned to Cecilia, and they began to talk, while Sarah kept looking at me.

“I’m so jealous you get to tour with them,” She said, smiling at me. “Do you sleep in the bunks and everything?”

“Yeah, right across from the walking travesty,” I laughed, nodding my head towards Alex.

“Don’t lose my lyrics against me,” Alex said, sticking his tongue out.

“Are you playing that tonight?” Cecilia asked him hopefully, “I love Therapy.”

Alex nodded. “Yep, you guys are lucky, you get Therapy and Remembering Sunday. But only if you cheer us on enough.” He winked.

“I promise I will,” Cecilia said.

“Me too!” Sarah added. She glanced around the room. “Hey, em, I want to go over and talk to Zack a bit, before he gets too crowded, but... “ She hesitated, looking up at Alex. “I just really wanted to thank you, for helping me so much through the hard times.” Alex opened his mouth to speak, but she kept going. “No, just... You know, I really look up to you, you’re my role model because of writing, and...” She shrugged awkwardly, “And because I have anxiety, and I really admire you for doing everything you’ve done despite you having it too. And I just wanted to say thanks.”

Alex almost looked like he was about to cry. “...Do you want a hug?” He asked after a second. Sarah nodded quickly, as did Cecilia.

“I love you,” Sarah blurted out before they left, then suddenly looked horrified and turned to Cecilia. “Did I just say that”? She hissed.

“I love you too!” Alex called after them.

After they left, it wasn’t long before another girl came up to us.