Taken

It was pitch black. I was supposed to be home an hour ago. My mom was probably freaking out. I had never broken curfew before but I had been with Michael. Michael the bad boy with tattoos. His own car and a prison record. My mom doesn't approve of Michael. She thought I was with Stacey. I would probably still be with him if my phone hadn't died and if he hadn't been trying to take things further than I wanted to. Maybe my mom was right about him. He didn't even offer me a ride because I wouldn't have sex with him. I sighed and realized that I had made it to the cemetery. It was spookier at night and I shivered. I continued to walk but stopped short when I saw the shadow of a man leaning against a broken streetlight. My heart picked up speed. I quickly turned around and decided to walk the other way around the cemetery. When I looked back, he was gone. I felt relief until I saw that he was on the other side. How?! my mind screamed. I frantically looked around, feeling the panic build and claw its way up my throat. I'm going to scream. I locked my lips against it. I saw that the gates of the cemetery were open. I can cut through there or hide. I walked inside trying to keep a slow pace so I didn't seem like I was scared but in the end I couldn't do it and I was running. Dodging tombstones in the dark. Stumbling over gravestones. A weeping willows branches brushed my face as I run and I can't hold back the scream. It echoes through the still night. I stop and pant, trying to catch my breath. I'm finally calming down when I hear a twig break not far from where I am. a muffled curse. He's looking for me. I force down panic and look for anywhere to hide. The mausoleums are too far and probably locked anyways. I see a large monument close by. It's big enough to hide behind. I fast-walk towards it. Praying when I haven't prayed in years. I sink down to my knees behind it. Resting my head on the cold stone. Please please please please please plea- my inner begging gets cut off when someone grabs me from behind and puts a wet rag that smells like chemicals against my mouth and nose. My last thought before I blackout is that the gates being unlocked was too convenient. I had been herded.

Darkness.