Epilogue: Happy Little Family

~ Take my hand and my heart and soul, I will only have these eyes for you... ~

Epilogue: Happy Little Family

**Finding Out...**

Max fidgeted nervously beside me, and I set my hand on his knee.

"How long are we supposed to wait?"

I glanced at the thing on the counter. "Three minutes," I responded.

Max let out a long breath, vibrating his leg. "Longest three minutes of my life," he mumbled, knotting his fingers together. I sighed and nodded in agreement.

"It's been a week," I spoke, "and I haven't started my period yet. That can only mean one thing, Max."

My husband bit his lip. "I just don't wanna get my hopes up and it not happen."

I nodded, glancing at the pregnancy test on our bathroom counter. Max, my husband of three years now, sat anxiously waiting. We'd been trying for months to get pregnant, and so far, nothing was working. I was beginning to fear there was something wrong with me, and Max had begun to fear the same about himself. We'd been to doctors, and they'd all said the same thing, that it was just bad luck. There didn't appear to be anything wrong with either of us, and we just hadn't gotten lucky yet...

Which was funny, considering we'd been making love almost constantly to try and get pregnant, making both of us *very* lucky.

"Time," I said, glancing at the time on my phone. Max stopped vibrating his leg, looking at the test as he swallowed.

"Okay," he whispered, slowly standing. I watched him take tentative steps toward the counter across the room from where we sat on the edge of the tub, watched his hands shake at his side. I bit my lip and clenched my fists, closing my eyes as he reached forward and slowly picked up the test.

I heard him give a small gasp, and my eyes opened again, watching Max cover his mouth with his hand and fall to his knees. My heart fell into my stomach as his body began trembling, small sobs wracking his body as he stared down at the result. I stood to comfort him, walking over and sitting beside him as my throat began closing up, tears of my own clouding my vision.

"It's okay, baby," I whispered, kissing his shoulder and rubbing his back. "We can try again..."

Max shook his head, looking up at me as he uncovered his mouth, revealing the biggest, most breathtaking smile. "Symphony," he whispered, holding the test up to my eyes.

Positive.

I let out a happy cry, holding my hand over my chest where I'd felt a hole beginning to form. I let out a choked, joyous sob, launching myself into Max's open arms and letting him encase me in our own radiating happiness.

"We're gonna be parents," he whispered, his voice thick with tears as he pulled his fingers through my hair. "We're gonna have a baby..."

I cried softly into his chest, a relief flooding my body as I hiccuped quietly. "Thank God..." I whispered. "Oh, thank God..."

Max hushed me soothingly, trying to calm me. "We're okay," he laughed lightly. "We've done it, little dove... You're pregnant with our child."

Hearing it was sweeter than anything I'd heard so far in my life. I smiled stupidly, feeling my life click into place as Max squeezed me tightly.

"We have to call everyone," I giggled. Max nodded and slowly stood, cradling my body to his chest, a huge smile plastered on his face.

"Not yet," he whispered, carrying me into our bedroom. "Can we just cuddle right now? I'm so happy, baby... Just let me love on you."