Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Right Person

~ We are wild, we are like young volcanos ~

Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Right Person

"Don't hate me."

"Why would I hate you, Soph?"

My new best friend bit her lip, playing with the camera in her hand as Max watched us. "I didn't mention that this shoot was supposed to involve some more intimate shots."

I laughed a little, and so did Max, causing Sophie to relax a little and Lucas to chuckle. "We're okay with that," Max spoke. "Whatever you need to get the grade, Soph."

She smiled gratefully as she led Max, Lucas, and I further into one of the studios set up for the photography majors. It was only the four of us here, the only sound being the music that constantly rang through the building as we walked, Max's hand in mine and Lucas' arm slung lazily around Sophie's shoulders. I glanced up at my boyfriend and slowly leaned up in my tip toes to kiss his cheek, causing Max to smile and squeeze my hand at the small, affectionate motion. We both wore plain, dark gray, v-neck shirts, and dark jeans, upon Soph's request, and I didn't have a trace of makeup on, upon my boyfriend's request.

"Why do you put that on?" he'd asked me this morning when I'd went to start my foundation. I'd looked back at where he'd been leaning against the door frame, cocking my head.

"Because it hides my hundreds of freckles and I kind of have to in order to put on the rest of my makeup," I'd laughed quietly. Max had frowned, slowly moving to my side and taking the foundation from my hands and setting it back into my makeup bag.

"I hate that it hides your freckles," he'd whispered gently, as he took my chin in his first finger and thumb. "They're too lovely to hide..." he'd bit his lip, tucking my hair behind my ear. "You're too beautiful to cover yourself in a layer of makeup, my sweet Symphony."

I snapped myself back to the moment with him and my friends, smiling gently at the memory. "Okay!" Sophie guided us into a totally white room, with white backdrops and things of the sort all over the place. Various black furniture was spread out, along with the usual photography stuff you'd find in a studio. "So we can start with the easy stuff first," Sophie told us. Max and I nodded, letting her guide us to a place with just the backdrop, nudging us forward.

"Alright," she began. "Let's start with the cheesy stuff and get that out of the way."

Sophie guided Max and I, telling Max to slip his arms around my waist, hugging me close and letting me rest my head on his chest. "Bury your nose in her hair, Max," she spoke, watching as Max did so, closing his eyes and smiling slightly. "Now close your eyes, Simmy," she said, and I did, relaxing into my boyfriend's arms and giggling quietly. "Yes... Stay still."

The soft clicks told me she was taking the pictures, and I held still as Max's thumb traced along my hip. "God, this is perfect," she laughed. "You guys are amazing for this."

I chuckled as I opened my eyes, feeling Max's hands shift to my hips as I lifted my head, my hands falling on his shoulders. "Oh!" Sophie grinned, hiding behind her camera again, adjusting her lens. "Don't move; that's cute. Just look at me and smile."

Max and I did as she asked, laughing quietly as she snapped a couple pictures. "Awesome," she smiled, and I noted how love struck Lucas looked as he watched his girlfriend do what she loved to do. "Okay, let's do some of the different ones that we don't need props for..." Soph paused, chewing on her lip thoughtfully. "Uh, Max lay down on your back for me."

My boyfriend squeezed my hip, slowly lowering to the floor and laying back, watching me lovingly as Sophie looked at me. "Do either of you know how to do the airplane thing?"