Guilt

Ponyboy sobbed into his arms that laid on his desk. His chest hurt and a headache had grown.

His family had been having problems and Darrel had come in to get Pony's opinion on something and Pony completely snapped, "I'm so sick of this family!"

He felt guilt rush throughout his head and he couldn't stop crying. He wanted so bad to go apologize to his brother. Darry had done so much for him. Darry hadn't done anything bad to him. He was just trying to be helpful.

He stood up and turned off his desk lamp, walking out of his room and down into the kitchen. When he walked in, Darry was standing there until he walked away, ignoring Ponyboy's presence.

Ponyboy sighed and walked after his brother, grasping his upper arm.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap," he said. "I just... I'm so tired of these issues."

"I know, kid," Darry surprised Pony by embracing him. "I'm sick of this too. You don't know how bad I've wanted to pack up and leave. But I love you guys too much and these small problems won't keep me away from you. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this, you're just a kid, you shouldn't have this much stress on you," Darry sobbed as quiet tears fell down Ponyboy's face.

"I love you so much, kid."

"I love you too, Dar."

•How was this?•