"Hiking Gone Wrong"

Start from the beginning

"Why do I feel like you do?" Chase said, opening his eyes. A frown stayed on his lips and it hurts to see him so down.

But he's drunk. He wouldn't care if I hated him or not.

"I don't hate you, Chase." I promised and he held my hand in his, playing with my fingers.

"I like you." He whispered and my heart skipped many beats.

"Go to sleep, Chase." I whispered, stopping him from saying anything else that he wouldn't tell me while sober.

"Don't go." He said as I stood up. Sighing, I pressed a kiss to his head and left the room, shutting the door behind me.

I went back to Sam's room. I won't be able to sleep anymore tonight.

****************************************

"Good morning." Carlos said as I went downstairs. I smiled at him.

"Good morning." I replied. After what happened with Chase, I couldn't sleep.

"Kind of weird for you to be up so early." Virgil stated, sitting next to Carlos. "Something on your mind?"

"I actually didn't fall back to sleep." I admitted and sat on the other couch. "Have you guys seen Chase?"

"He went out with Amanda an hour ago." Logan said, sitting beside me.

"Where to?" I asked and the door opened. We turned to see Amanda walk in first. "Never mind." I said, seeing she has bags from the mall.

"Hey, lady." Aiden smiled as he came downstairs. "We're going out."

"I actually have a headache." I admitted. I have a headache because I didn't get enough sleep.

"I don't care. Pop some pills and meet me outside." Aiden said and walked out after putting his shoes on.

Sighing, I put my shoes on and followed him out. Aiden turned to me as I got into the car.

"I have a question." I said as I put my seatbelt on. "How come you're not so close to Chase if you two are cousins?"

"He wasn't around much." Aiden replied, sounding like he doesn't want to speak about it anymore. "We're going hiking."

"What?" I groaned and Aiden chuckled. "Aiden, I'm so tired."

"This'll wake you up." He promised and I looked at my outfit. I'm wearing sneakers, black shorts, and a white t-shirt.

"I'll sweat a lot. And it'll show." I muttered and Aiden shrugged as he drove.

"I'll sweat too." He stated and I stared at him for a while.

"Why are you really taking me with you?" I asked. "Besides wanting to hang out with me."

"I noticed you're a bit down." Aiden sighed. "I just want to cheer you up like you did for me."

"Aiden, I'm fine." I promised, laughing softly. "I'm just confused."

"About Chase." Aiden spoke, but it wasn't a question. "He likes you, Viv."

"He told me that last night." I muttered, putting a strand of hair behind my ear. "But he was drunk."

"Lady, when someone is drunk they speak the truth." Aiden laughed a bit. "He just admitted his feelings to you. What did you say?"

"Nothing." I said and frowned a bit. "I left." Aiden didn't say anything and I don't expect him to. I feel bad for leaving Chase. "And I told him before that to leave me alone."

"You dumb girl." Aiden sighed and I playfully rolled my eyes at him.

Soon, he parked the car near some trees and we got out of the car.

Aiden and I began walking on the trail, leading up to the hill.

"My feet hurt." I groaned as we walked.

"It hasn't even been five minutes." Aiden stated.

"Okay, but I'm lazy." I turned to him, not walking anymore. "I'm going to the car."

"Come on, Vivian. I already planned this." He said. "There's a few stops for us as we go up and I've left some snacks and water there."

"Congratulations. I'm out." I said and put up a peace sign as I turned to leave. A gunshot rang out and I looked up to see a man near Aiden's car.

"Fuck." Aiden mumbled and grabbed my wrist, forcing me to run with him.

"Why me, God? Why?" I groaned as we ran. Another gunshot rang out.

Aiden grabbed his phone and said a few bad words. There's no signal here.

"Dumb ass." I chuckled and jumped when another gunshot rang out, this time closer to us.

Aiden held my hand and forced me to run again.

~~~~~~~~
Hope you enjoyed!

Don't forget to comment and/or vote! Thank you for reading❤️

Until then✌🏼