Chapter 12 ~ The Drama

Start from the beginning

I was fast to look away from him, though. That was probably the only good thing I did during those seconds. I tried to get my breathing even again as I started thinking about what just happened. This situation was only to add on the list of what Harry had done since he came back. What if Liam had a point earlier?

It may sound like nothing to you. I mean, Harry only looked at me, but it didn't feel like that. When he looked at me the way he did now and yesterday... It was the way he used to look at me when we were together. It was intense, nothing like the way a normal person would glance at you. It was more to it than just a stare. It meant something, and I wanted to know what... or did I? It wasn't like it mattered anyway.

"Louis?"

I turned to the source of the voice, noticing that it was Niall who had called my name. "Yeah?"

He looked at me suspiciously. "You're not listening, are you?"

Scratching the back of my neck, I shook my head. "I'm sorry. I got lost in my thoughts."

He turned around to look over at the curly haired boy who was now talking to some blonde girl who was leaning towards him with a finger around a strand of her hair. A second later, Niall looked back at me with raised eyebrows. "Anyway, we were just talking about the party. It's pretty close to your house so we thought that we could sleep over at yours afterward if it's okay with you?"

I glanced at all of their faces, everyone looking at me before I shrugged. "I can talk to mom about it, but I don't think it'll be a problem. She can probably stay over at gran's with the girls."

Niall clapped his hands together happily. "Yay."

After that, nothing really happened except more talking about everything and nothing. It wasn't until I exited the cafeteria together with Hannah and accidentally crossed paths with my English teacher that something made my heart race again. I frantically tried to avoid eye-contact with him, but it was too late. He had already noticed me.

I swore under my breath and tried pulling Hannah in the opposite direction, but I unfortunately failed to do that too. "Mr. Tomlinson, can I have a word with you?"

Taking a deep breath, I stopped, making Hannah do so as well. "Sure," I said, a tight smile forming on my lips.

"I'll see you after school. Bye," I said to Hannah and pressed a kiss to her cheek. She gave me a worried smile in returned but listened to me and walked away from us.

Mr. Waltz watched as my girlfriend left before turning his attention to me. Before he could open his mouth, I beat him to it. "I'm really sorry I left class today... again, Mr. Waltz. It won't happen aga--"

He cut me off by shaking his head while his lips twitched upwards. "No, Mr. Tomlinson. That is not the reason why I wanted to talk to you, even if I would appreciate that you'll stay the entire hour from now on. However, what I wanted to talk to you about is the test you and Harry did. I noticed that you left before you could answer the last question, aren't I right?"

I bit my lip while nodding slowly.

"Well, he finished it without your help, and I just thought that you wanted to know what he answered considering you don't know." He gave me a polite smile while I just stared at him as if he was a ghost.

I didn't get why this test was so important to him. It was just a paper with some stupid questions. What was the big deal? I took a deep breath before starting to shake my head. "You know, I--"

To my surprise, he put a hand on my shoulder and made eye-contact with me. "I'm not stupid, Mr. Tomlinson. I know what I'm doing, alright? Let's just say I've had a talk to someone who is quite worried about her son, and I do have a pretty good memory, believe it or not. You and Mr. Styles were pretty close back in the days, weren't you?"