Chapter 21: Phoebe and the Planets

"Dreams?"

Earth-chan and Moon-kun got totally confused – what did she mean? How come one could travel through their dreams?

"Yeah... Apparently, we can see you guys as people only when we go to sleep and learn to see from a different angle." Phoebe shrugged, not believing that she had already started talking in such a 'grown-up' language, just like her grandpa. "In a normal state, we see you as round-shaped masses in open space."

"Eh? How weird..."

Earth and Moon exchanged surprised glances – truly, these humans had a very narrow ability of sight, if they saw them only as some giant spheres in the void.

"However, in our dreams, our ability of sight apparently increases... I don't really understand all of it well, either. Grandpa says it is something like "seeing with one's mind", and when "one's mind connects to the mind of the Earth, they can see the Earth and all the other planets as they truly are". So, basically, I've appeared here through my dreams." Phoebe gave a brief conclusion with an innocent smile.

"So, you mean this form of yours is just a thought projection?" Moon tried to grasp the idea.

"I don't know..."

"Well, if you were not a thought projection, we would have accidentally crushed you with our fingers earlier. It seems that you don't really feel pain from our touch?" Moon put his finger onto her head, "Or you don't feel any heavy mass, do you?"

"Um, no..." Phoebe shrugged, "I don't feel anything. I told you, I've accessed this world through my dreams. Some senses might be dulled like it usually happens."

"Amazing..."

Moon and Earth were impressed – to actually think such ability existed, and these little humans could utilize it!

"Yeah, truly..." Phoebe was no less amazed at such an extraordinary ability of hers. "To be honest, when my grandpa first told me about it, I thought it was too weird to be true."

"Well, weird things do happen – Moon and I have experienced a lot of it." Earth blushed and glanced at the smiling Moon.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Phoebe bent forward with curiosity – finally, she'd be able to find out more about these mysterious planetary people!

"I am considered the weirdest among all planets, because I have humans in my hair, and Moon-kun is the weirdest among all juniors because he has the Phase Illness."

"Woah, you mean the fact of how his phases change?" Phoebe guessed the meaning, "Cool! So you guys are unique!"

Both Earth-chan and Moon-kun blushed – this child portrayed all of it so positively...

"Amazing... I'm so happy I've met you guys!" Phoebe cuddled with Moon's finger.

"I'm happy too, Phoebe." Earth smiled, "I always wanted to meet you, humans. We have so much to talk about..."

"Hehe, true! Like how similar we are. I could never imagine you guys would be so human-like!" Phoebe looked around the room with cosmic furniture and the planets wearing clothes.

"I guess Earth's mind and yours are somehow connected." Moon said, "You live in her hair, after all. Our hair is deeply connected with our nervous system, hence our mind. So, perhaps all the ideas you've got, you've received from Earth-chan's mind you were subconsciously linked to?"

"Hmm... That may be true." Phoebe shrugged, unable to properly understand the complicated terms Moon-kun had used. "But anyway, it's even cooler that we're so similar – it means we can easily understand one another!"

The planets laughed:

"True."

"So, do you humans like singing as much as we do?" Earth brightened – apparently, a unique idea had struck her mind.

"Yes, we love it! I absolutely adore singing. So, you planets sing too?" Phoebe gasped – planets could even sing?!

"Yup, we do. Actually, we're holding a Yearly Song Contest soon. All the stars, planets, and juniors of the Planetarium College shall perform. We are divided into various bands and groups, and some even do solo. Moon-kun and I perform together." Earth blushed, and then winked: "So, what would you say? Will you join us in our performance too?"

Phoebe widened her eyes – perform in a planetary song contest?!

"Ah, I'd love to!"

"That would actually be quite extraordinary." Moon approved the idea. "We'd have a human perform for the first time in the history of our college."

"I know, right? It'd be a total blast!" Earth-chan grinned, "I'm going to inform papa about this."

"Woah, I'll get to meet your father?"

Phoebe brightened – it'd be cool to find out who Earth's father was! Maybe then, she'd get information also about her mother.

"Sure! You can accompany us if you want." Earth smiled.

Thus, they decided to visit the principal's office together.