Chapter 8: Moon-kun Follows Earth-chan

Students gathered in the dining hall during the lunch break which lasted for three hours. Earth-chan sat at a table with Venus, Mars, and Mars' two friends – Phobos and Deimos. At one of the largest tables sat Sun with Mercury-chan, as well as Jupiter, Saturn, and their multiple fans. At another table which stood close to Earth's and her friends' one, sat the emo group of Pluto-chan and Charon-kun. They waved their hands at Earth. She waved a hand back at them with a faint smile, and then got back to her cosmic drink and cookies.

"So, have you decided whom you're going to sing with at the Yearly Song Contest, Earth-chan?" Mars asked.

"Um, so you say your group has no place left?"

"Sorry, dear... but we have all the four spots filled." Venus sighed, feeling bad they had to exclude Earth from their band. "Mars, I, Phobos, and Deimos are going to sing together."

"Yeah, I understand... Well, I'll do something." Earth glanced at Sun's table, and particularly at Sun-kun.

A guy of middle height, with lunar-white hair and colourful eyes, dressed in a blue hoodie, timidly walked into the dining room. Once caught a glimpse of Earth-chan sitting with her friends, he widened his eyes as if he had found the one he was looking for. A coy smile covered his face. He ran up to Charon-kun and called him out in a low tone:

 He ran up to Charon-kun and called him out in a low tone:

"Hey, Charon-kun!"

"Huh?" Charon, thus interrupted from his conversation with Pluto-chan, frowned, but once saw the boy, brightened up again: "Ah, Moon-kun! Hello there, Brother!"

"Hehe, hello!" Moon gave him a high-five.

"Over with your blood moon phase, huh?" Charon noticed his friend had lost the red shades of his hair and eyes.

"Yeah, thankfully... Anyway, Charon, can you help me? It concerns a boyish matter."

"Ah, sure!" Charon excused himself to his friends, stood up, and followed Moon-kun aside where no one would hear them. "So, what is it?"

"You know, that day when I was still in the blood moon phase..." Moon-kun scratched his head, "That Earth-chan was truly something!"

Charon guessed what it was all about, so he chuckled:

"You've come to the right place! Well, what is it that troubles you?"

"You are Pluto-chan's boyfriend. You have experience dealing with elder girls, so... could you please tell me how to get Earth Senpai's attention? I just really like her. I've never felt like this towards anyone before. I want to follow her everywhere!"

"Well, since we're best friends, I'll help you. Elder girls often like cool boys. Earth-chan too falls in that category – see how she's fascinated by Sun Senpai?" Charon pointed him on Earth-chan, who watched Sun with flushed-up cheeks. "Sun is a cool and a hot guy all at the same time. You should do that too and she'll fall for you."

Moon blinked in confusion and astonishment:

"H... How can I be cool and hot all at the same time?"

"Well, you must figure it out yourself. That's it. See you later!"

"Huh? Wait, I_"

But it was useless, Charon had already gone back to his table.

"Ugh, goodness!"

Moon hopelessly looked at Earth-chan, who still chatted with her friends and glanced at Sun from time to time.

When Earth finished her dinner, took her schoolbag, and walked out of the dining room, she heard a deep, somewhat nervous voice which tried to sound bold:

"Yo, Earth-chan..."

She halted and looked aside. She raised an eyebrow once saw the white-haired guy pull a 'cool' face.

"Um, hello... Who are you?"

"Oh, you wouldn't recognize me I believe... I'm Moon. We've met once before, remember?" he winked, with the intention to look awesome.

"Eh?" Earth gasped in pure shock – this was that same Moon who looked so bloody that day?! "What has happened to you?"

"Hehe, no worries, that's just my phase thing. I'm unique with that. Back then, I was in my blood phase. Now it's over, so I'm back to normal." Moon pulled a prideful smirk.

"Oh, alright..." Earth shrugged and walked on. "Goodbye."

"Oh, goodbye..." Moon uttered. Once the girl disappeared behind the door, he snarled and hit his forehead to a wall: "Damn! Ugh, I guess the 'cool guy' attitude doesn't suit me."

He peeped out of the door. Earth was at the other end of the corridor. Moon sneaked out of the dining hall and hastened after her. As he silently passed corridors and stairs in Earth-chan's pursuit, he soon noticed how she entered the doctor's door.

Huh? The doctor's room? Not good – it must have to do with her illness. Ugh, I must find out about her condition!

He put his ear to the door and began listening to the conversation.