Chapter 72: Whatever It Takes

Start from the beginning

"You have. What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I'm fine. Shouldn't you be at sound check?"

"Don't change the subject. Why have you been cryin?" I push the hair out of her face as she once again shakes her head at me.

"I haven't."

"You're lying."

"Wow, you seem to just love telling me that." She scoffs at me, "Can you leave please? I feel my headache coming back on."

"I'll leave when you tell me why you're upset."

"Can you ever just mind your own d.amn business?! Seriously Harry I don't have to share everything with you."

"I share everything with you." I respond, my feelings hurt.

"Yeah well maybe you shouldn't."

"Where the hell is this coming from?" I raise my voice. God she's infuriating sometimes. I hate, and I mean hate, when she won't just tell me what's wrong.

"Ava, I can't fix anything if you don't tell me what's wrong."

"I'm not asking you to fix anything."

"Obviously, but its kinda my job."

"Well maybe you should go find a new one." She spits.

"What the fuck happened Ava? Three hours ago you were fine."

"Harry you need to head to sound check now!" Paul pops his head in the bus and yells at me.

I roll my eyes, of course I have to leave now. "Coming!" I yell back at him, waiting for his head to disappear before turning back to Ava.

She quickly tries to hide the fact she was just wiping tears off her cheeks.

I don't waste any time in pulling her out of the bunk and onto my lap as I sit down on the floor.

"Can you please stop doing this?" She asks quietly.

"Doing what?"

"Being so... perfect and so you."

"Love, please tell me what's wrong. Please."

She shakes her head as I wrap my arms around her.

"God I must seem so needy to you." She chuckles.

"No. But I am happy you need me. Now please tell me."

We fall into silence as she rests her head on my shoulder.

"We'll never work you know. Not really." She says quietly.

I feel my breath catch in my throat, "What? Why would you say that?"

She sniffles, "Cause it's true. We both want different things."

"I just want you." I say honestly.

"No you don't. You want more and you should. You can practically do anything you want for the rest of your life."

"Maybe I want to do you for the rest of my life. No pun intended." I smile at her.

"God, you make this so difficult."

"Another one of my jobs."

"Harry you needed to be on stage five minutes ago!" Paul yells through the bus. "Get your arse out here now!"

"Come with me and watch sound check." I demand more than ask.

"No, you go. I'm just going to stay here." She gets up and starts walking toward the kitchen but I jump up and grab her hand.

"Av I love you. You know that yeah?"

"Yes...", She hesitates before looking at me with concern, " And Harry?'

"Yeah?"

"I..."

"Harry now!" Paul yells once again, cutting Ava off.. Was she going to say what I think she was going to say?

"Hold that thought okay?" I ask.

She nods and I kiss her forehead before I jog off the bus and follow Paul into the venue and towards the stage door.

The lads are already on stage by the time I get there.

"Ah there his is!" Zayn points to me as I run onto the stage, receiving many screams in response.

I put a fake smile on my face and wave as I'm handed my mic.

"We thought we were down to four." Liam laughs.

"Sorry! Sorry. I'm here now so let's get on with it then shall we? Everyone alright?" I ask, not paying attention to the answers screamed at me.

Niall takes over and Louie walks over to me.

"You okay mate?" He leans over and says into my ear.

I shake my head, "She's not going to sign it. I know she's not."

"Well nothing's set in stone yet mate, you can still get her to. Just do whatever you have to to get it signed. Once it's done you'll have time to make it right."

I nod at him.

"Do a proper job of it, none of us are going to be able to take you blubbering for the next six months cause you failed."

He laughs and walks away from me to sing his solo.

I know he said it as more of a joke, but that's exactly what I'm going to do.

Whatever it takes.

_________________

A/N: If you are enjoying the story, please vote! I spend hours and hours writing this and it only takes a second. It would mean so much to me and to getting my story out there! Thanks!! ;)