Chapter 12: Saturday Hangover

-Ava's POV-

As soon as I wake up, my hangover literally slaps me in the face. My head is killing me and I feel sick. Why do I ever drink so much!? I vow to never do it again. The same vow I've made and broken way to many times to count.

I groan, rolling over and cursing the light coming in my windows.

Then I remember what happened last night and I quickly sit straight up in bed. Way to quickly. I barely make it to the bathroom before I empty all the contents of my stomach more than once. At this point I'm not sure if that's even from the alcohol or the memories of last night, since both make me feel the bile rising in my throat.

After rinsing my mouth out and brushing my teeth I grab 4 Advil from the cabinet and head towards the kitchen. My mouth drops open in shock as I take in a half naked Niall sitting on one of my bar stools.

"Hey babe, I ate the last of yur Lucky Charms, hope ya don't mi-" Realizing it's me who entered the room and not Poppy, Niall chokes on his mouth full of cereal and falls off the stool onto the floor.

I can't help but bust out laughing at the poor guy scrambling up off the floor.

"Oh god Ava! I'm so sorry! I didn't know ya was here! We thought ya went home with Harry last night!"

"What?! No, he came here."

"Oh my god Ava! Is he in your bed right now!?" Poppy excitedly yells behind me, making me jump.

"No! I meant he brought me home. He just dropped me off."

The smile on Poppy's face is quickly replaced by a scowl. "Ava, are you mad!? You have Harry Styles in our flat, ALONE, and you do nothing!? Please tell me you at least had a proper snog!"

I keep my mouth shut, knowing anything I have to say would only exasperate her even more.

"Ugh!" Poppy groans, pulling at the ends of her hair. "This is the biggest cock up of your life Ava. Literally you have done a disservice to womankind by not taking that man to your bed!"

"Poppy please! Can we not do this with him right here?" I point at Niall, who looks half scared and half ready to pull up a chair and get some popcorn for the show we are giving him.

"Don't bring him into this Ava." Poppy sighs. "You can't keep tossing off forever."

"Poppy!" I feel the heat rush to my cheeks, embarrassment apparent in my tone.

"Ummm, I think I'll probably get on now. I have a... I have to meet some mates for lunch!" Niall stumbles over his words while grabbing his clothes off the living room floor.

"Niall get your fit arse back in my room, I'm not done with you yet!" Poppy orders.

He quickly heads down the hallway towards her room. More out of fear then want.

"Poppy I can't believe you! He could easily tell Harry!" I whisper yell at her, afraid Niall can still hear us.

"Tell him what?! How in need you are of a proper lay? Good! Harry obviously fancies you, it may give him the bollocks to actually get his arse over here and take what he wants." Poppy, thankfully, whisper yells back to me. "I know you want it too Ava, whether you admit it or not!"

I bite my tongue to keep myself from yelling at her once again. I know she really is just trying to help, in her own messed up way. But a quick lay is not going to fix me. Not that I think it would be just a quick lay with Harry. It would be more, and that fact really scares me.

I'm surprised as Poppy pulls me into a quick hug. "I didn't mean to embarrass you Ava. I just want you to move on with your life."

"I know." I sigh as I hug her back. "I just don't know how."