Chapter 7: Memory Lane & Text Messages

-Ava's POV-

The bright sunlight streaming through my windows wakes me from my peaceful slumber. I had a not to innocent dream about a certain curly haired lad...

Lad?

The british lingo is rubbing off on me.

I blush to myself, recalling certain parts of the dream. I roll over to glance at my clock. 11:37am. Crap! I was supposed to be at work over 2 hours ago!!

Suddenly my bedroom door flies open, Poppy bursting in. "Ava McCain! YOU had sex last night!"

"What the hell Poppy! Can't you knock? I did NOT have sex last night."

"Liar! You have NEVER missed work before!"

"And me missing work means I must of had sex last night!" I sarcastically reply.

"Okay never mind about work! But I can tell by the look on your face you either had a proper bonk last night or you were just in here tossing off,"

I loudly groan, throwing my face into my pillow. "Poppy do you have no shame? Neither of those things happened. We were out late last night, and I was completely worn out. I accidentally overslept."

She shakes her head at me, sitting down on my bed. "How disappointing!" She sighs.

"Sorry to let you down, but nothing happened. Anyway, by the sounds coming from your room this morning, I think you had enough fun for the both of us"

"True. William did not disappoint... Was it William? It may have been Thomas..." She pushes the hair off her face. "Doesn't matter. Ava, I was so sure you finally had a proper go at it last night!"

"Why?"

"Well with the looks you were receiving last night, I was positive either Parker was taking you back to his, or Harry was going to show up at our flat."

"Please Poppy. Neither of them like me, and I've already told you, I don't want to be with anyone anyway."

"Ava, you can't even see what is right in front of your face. Parker is in love with you and if Harry isn't already, he will be soon enough. The looks those two were giving you last night would make any normal hot blooded woman drop her knickers immediately."

I throw my hands up in the air, "Okay, okay! Enough with the sex talk!"

"You should have kissed Harry last night!"

"Never gonna happen. Now do I still have a job?"

Sighing, Poppy gets up from my bed and heads toward the door. "This conversation isn't over, but yes you still have a job. I covered for your arse."

"Thanks Poppy!" I yell after her as she heads down the hallway.

I cannot believe I missed work today. Stupid Ava, stupid! I cannot lose that job, not until writing starts paying the bills. If it ever does...

When I moved here I had $150 in my pocket. Literally, that was it. I had no idea what I was doing, but I knew I had to get away. I needed a fresh start.

I bumped into Poppy right after I claimed my luggage at the airport. She had just said goodbye to her sister, who was moving to Italy with her boyfriend. We had exchanged quick apologies after smacking into one another, then both kept on walking.

I walked outside the airport, breathing fresh London air for the first time. Then it hit me like a brick wall, I had no idea what I was doing. I was suddenly scared. I took my cash out of my pocket and counted it, and then recounted it again. I pulled my map out of my backpack, trying to figure out where the heck I was going. No such luck. I remember putting my head back and taking several deep breathes. While doing so, I was knocked into by someone passing by, and my bag fell over. Of course the seam broke and my things went all over the ground. As I knelt down to gather my things, I lost it. I just started crying right there in front of the entrance to Heathrow.