un

Brooke's POV

"yes mom, I got my passport and everything I need" 

Mom, she has been very supportive in whatever I do. Even with me deciding to go to Paris on my own with my own expenses. she still helped me and gave me some money for spending which I am grateful about. After graduating high school, I ask mom if she allows me to go for a solo trip and she allowed me to. So I booked my flight the day after I graduated.

Now, I am on my way to the airport. Leaving Mom for 2 weeks gonna be hard because we are literally inseparable. Sister, Brianna is in college at Chicago. Dad, he has been stationed at Texas. We are in Seattle. Poor Mom, she's gonna be alone for the next 2 weeks. Luckily for her, she is working and that will keep her busy too. 

"You must take care of yourself when you're there okay?" Mom told me. "Yes, mom! if anything happens, I will ring you up okay!" She kissed me and gave me her iconic bear hug. "Thank you, mom, for allowing me to go for this trip" "No problem darling, as long as you're happy. I'm happy" 

I walk past the security and turn around to see my mom waving at me. I smiled at her and wave back not regretting my decision to go to Paris on my own. 

Going to Paris on my own have always been with me since I was in junior year. I just want to find myself in another place where I can explore what I really love. Also, teaching myself on how not to be dependent on others. 

Waiting for my flight is nothing enjoyable also the journey is about 10hrs. So let's skip this part.

-Arrive at Paris-

As soon as the airplane touchdown, I took out my phone and post an Instagram story.  Being here during winter, able to visit the winter wonderland is what I have been waiting for. I got my luggage from the belt and walk out to an area where there is a taxi. Luckily for me, I took French classes. I approach one of the drivers and told him my hotel address. 

As he was driving around the city, I manage to capture some pictures. Since the journey is about less than 20mins, the trip fare wasn't that expensive for me. I thank the driver and walk into the hotel and got my room. I walk up to my hotel room and settle down. Ringing my mom is the first thing I did the moment I lay down on my bed. 

"Hey mom, I have arrived"

"Glad you have already arrived safely. What time is it there?"

"It's 4 in the afternoon and I know you're on your way to work. Drive safe mom" and with that our conversation ends with an exchange of 'I love you'. Since I am going to get dinner soon, for the time being, I am just lazing around my bed and admiring the view from inside of my room. City of love they say. Here I am all alone without a partner. 

As I laze around, the time flies by fast and it's already 6 in the afternoon. I get my lazy ass up from the bed and into the bathroom to refresh myself, get changed and ready to go. Walking alone is never my thing. Time to overcome that. 

While walking down the streets of my hotel, I saw a decent looking restaurant for me to eat. Getting some food to eat and walk around that area since jetlag is killing me. As I walk closer and closer to the Eiffel Tower, I took some pictures and post it on Instagram. At least, my mom will know my well-being. The time now is 9 pm, I slowly walk back to my hotel room and get ready for bed. 

Waking up tomorrow gonna take some effort because of jetlag. I have my itinerary set for tomorrow. Exploring Paris is gonna be a whole new level tomorrow. Not gonna miss the beautiful sunrise and the breakfast of croissant. 

Hope you guys will enjoy this story.

xoxo