I nodded, understanding. That explained why she was so exhausted by the time she got back. Not many people could keep off an army and stay on the back of a dragon flying over nine hundred kilometres an hour.

“You should get back to the other world and get some rest,” I said, “You did good work, both of you.”

Sariska smiled a toothy dragon smile at me. She gently picked up her rider and flew towards the portal in the middle of town. I looked after them before gazing back to my dragon. The look on his face worried me.

‘What is it?’ I asked.

‘The army, it’s like a black dot even from satellite distance,’ he said, ‘I’m guessing close to a million, and its growing.’

I let out a breath of surprise. That was far larger then I would have thought Zeus was going to send.

‘He must really want to win,’ I said.

‘That’s an understatement,’ replied Reflamen.

I nodded, ‘Well let’s get back to the castle and discuss it with Rogan. We are going to need his help.’

Reflamen snorted as if it was obvious.

‘Let’s just go,’ I said, jumping onto his back.

He laughed and flew into the air. We zoomed towards the portal and straight through. It was always thrilling to be in one place one second then suddenly in another the next. Being a dragon and rider, we got free reign over when we came and went, where as other people had to check in from the ground.

The castle appeared before us and Reflamen landed at the front again. The guards there let me through as they usually do. Reflamen wanted to follow, but dragons weren’t allowed in the castle, for obvious reasons.

It didn’t take long for me to get to the throne room, and as per usual Rogan was there arguing with the rest of the council members. Derrick wasn’t there either, probably out doing a mission or something.

“Rogan,” I said over the raised voices.

Everyone stopped to look at me.

“I need your help,” I said, “A huge army is about to attack my home town, and I doubt I’ll be able to defeat them like I defeated the last army.”

“Why is that?” scorned one of the council members.

I glared at him, “Anyone with a brain would be able to figure that one out. There are others out there that are just like me, and they would defend the army from attacks like that.”

That shut him up pretty quickly. I look back at Rogan. He nodded.