He seemed nervous but I could see his eyes lingering on Blair, as if he was actually nervous around her, not me.

That was different, but a good different of course.

I stepped outside, allowing Blair to hug Tony and smile as she looked back at me, “I’ll text you later?”

I nodded, “Have fun tonight,” then I looked at Tony, “Have her home before midnight.”

He laughed, showing white teeth and the most dazzling smile any guy could possibly have. He nodded, “Yes ma’am. Nice meeting you.”

“You too.”

Then he escorted Blair to his car, opening the door for her I might add, and then they took off down the street. I was stunned, mostly because he was gorgeous and sweet and everything Blair needed. He was literally perfect for her, and I actually felt a sense of joy knowing Blair was happy with him.

I just hoped it would last.

I then received a text from Blair, Don’t forget, we’re still getting drunk tonight, so save me a beer.

I smiled happily, knowing she wasn’t planning to blow me off like I had with Emma, which I still felt bad about. I shouldn’t have done it, but it was over with and Blair had forgiven me and it was never going to happen again.

Maybe the thing I had with Emma wasn’t such a good idea anymore.

As I ran the roads I realized I had absolutely nothing to do, Emma wasn’t texting me back so I took it as she was staying late at practice. Megan was at a bar somewhere with Nikki and Blair was obviously on a date with the perfect guy…

I sighed heavily as I picked up my phone and called my last resort.

“Ross, hey…”

~ ~ ~ ~

“Sam, this is Katie and Cam.”

I waved, “Hey.”

The guy spoke, “Sup.”

I looked at the girl, taking in her interesting attire as I realized she was a bit skimpy with the clothes for a late November evening. I didn’t mind of course because she was hot, but I was just pointing out the facts.

Ross sat on the couch, “I’m guessing you were bored.”

I shrugged, “Or I just missed your beautiful face.”

He laughed, handing me the joint they were passing around, “Yea right Sam, here.”