vi

it felt like a year had passed since i was brought in this dark cell, although it was probably a month. the men now only came in to throw me some mouldy bread and a little water so i wouldn't die. strangely, i had recovered most of my wounds and i was even able to stand to my feet and walk to the tiny rectangle window at the other side of the room. i could see the empty street and feel the sun rays invading my 'room'. the sun was the only thing that gave me hope. hope that, maybe some day, i would manage to escape.

+

"what are you thinking about?" alicia asked as i remained frozen in front of the bus station since we had arrived.

"what if they don't recognise me? what if they don't want me back?" my haunting thoughts escaped my mouth. so many more questions were running in my head; what if they have learned to live without me? what if they don't even remember how i look like? what if they have given up every glimpse of hope? what if?

alicia snickered and i glared at her offended. i didn't make any jokes. "luke, you can't be thinking like that. those people are your family, your friends. there is no way they won't recognise you." she patted my back and lightly pushed me forward to walk.

she was right, wasn't she?

"so now that you're back, are you planning to throw a party or something? because i should be the first person to be invited." she changed the subject to distract me. alicia was one of a kind.

"it will probably be a small gathering. i don't want too many people around" i wasn't in the mood to be surrounded by hordes of people asking indiscreet questions. "uh, but you'll be there too" i quickly added and she smiled satisfied.

"thank you" silence covered our thoughts again, till she spoke. "what about 5 seconds of summer?"

"what about that?" we turned a corner and kept walking, this journey seemed endless.

"are you going to be a band again?" she sounded hopeful.

i sighed and looked at the cloudy sky of sydney. "this isn't only my call, but i'd love to live my dream again even if it was for a minute."

she didn't respond, but stopped walking in front of an immense metal door.