Chapter Fourteen: I Forgot to Name this one So Here

Drawing by PrimTheCat

"S-Sirius... Remus..." His voice is even squeaky. I keep my wand trained on him, not trusting this man. "My friends... My old friends..."

"We've been having a little chat, Peter, about what happened the night James and Lily died. You might have missed the finer points while you were squeaking around down there on the bed." Lupin keeps his voice calm and steady, something many people couldn't do in a situation like this. It's impressive to say the least.

"Remus-" He's getting desperate. "You don't believe him, do you? He tried to kill me, Remus!"

"So we've heard. I'd like to clear up one or two little matters with you, Peter, if you'd be so-"

"He's cone to try and kill me again!" He shrieks. "He killed Lily and James and now he's going to kill me too! You've got to help me Remus!"

"Silence." I growl, once more drawing the attention. "If you keep up this self pitying squaler I will just kill you myself."

That was a lie, but he was starting to annoy me.

He starts muttering to himself, words like 'lunacy' and 'brat'.

"Can... Can I say something?" Hermione asks. Lupin nods. "If Scabb- this man has been sleeping in Harry's dormitory for three years, how come he's never tried to hurt Harry before."

"Because he's a coward." I glare at the repulsive creature in front of us. "He needed sure allies. He was waiting for Voldemort's return."

"Correct, boy!" Sirius. Bad choice of words. "Why else would you find a wizarding family to take you in? Keeping an ear out for news, weren't you Peter? Just in case your old protector regained strength, and it was safe to rejoin him..."

Pettigrew opens and closes his mouth like a fish gasping for air. It was kind of humorous, and I find it difficult not to laugh.

"Sirius," I adress the man. "How did you escape Azkeban, of not for the use of dark magic?"

"Thank you!" Pettigrew gasps. "Exactly! Precisely what I-"

"Shut up or I'll kill you myself, purely out of annoyance."

He falls silent.

"I don't know how I did it. I think the only reason I never lost my mind is that I knew I was innocent. That wasn't a happy thought, so the dementors couldn't suck it out of me... but it kept me sane and knowing who I am." He swallows. "Dementors can't see, you know. They feel their way towards people by sensing their emotions. They could tell my emotions were less... human, less complex when I was a dog... But they thought I was just losing my mind like everyone else-"

He continues his lengthy explination. I had gotten my answer, sorta, so I focus on Pettigrew, who's staring at Black. I watch him beg Harry and Lupin not to believe Sirius, then he turns to Ron.

"Ron... Haven't I been a good friend? A good pet? You won't let them kill me, Ron, will you? You're on my side, aren't you?"

"I let you sleep in my bed." Ron looks revolted, and I can understand why. If I found out Mrs. O'Leary, whom I had sometimes fallen asleep against after playtime, was secretly the man who sold out my best friends parents to an evil wizard? I'd be disgusted too.

He tries begging Hermione, clutching at the end of her robes, only for her to back against the wall, horrified. Then he turns to me.

"Young boy... Please! Surely you have to have mercy! You can't let them!"

"I will personally make sure you get the eternal punishment you deserve, you vile creature." I growl at him, feeling nothing but abhorrence towards this man.

In what's probably the worst last ditch effort I've ever seen, he looks to Harry.

"Harry.... Harry... You look just like your father... Just like him..."

He shouldn't have said that.

Sorry for the long wait for the short chapter :(

If you want your art of Nico in future chapters, you can join the discord, or tag me :)

Peace out Matchsticks.

Love,
Sammy