Chapter Two: Weird Guy is a Prof.

Nico POV

I shoot up in the bed. I can't remember where I am until I look around and see the hogwarts infirmary. My sudden moment drew the attention of Madame Pomfrey, who bustled over to me and started fussing around. I wave her off and slide off the bed, almost falling over because of how dizzy I am. Despite her protests, I walk (slowly) to where a small crowd is gathered around someone.

Harry Potter. Of course. I move to a spot along his bed so he can see me. I almost laugh at the shocked expression he gives me.

"How're you feeling Harry?" I do one of my smiles that everyone hates. Everyone's attention is on me.

"I'm... I'm alright. How about you?" He goes along with my faux casualness.

"Could be better. Just got attacked by a floating bedsheet that's darker than my soul." I smirk at the joke, and he snickers.

"I hate to interrupt your banter, but you need to eat this. It will make you feel better." The strange man from the train holds out a piece of something brown. "It's chocolate."

I shrug and take it, nibbling it cautiously. "Sooooooo. Who are you?"

"I'm Professor R.J. Lupin. I will be the defence against the dark arts teacher this year." He looks to Dumbledore as if thanking him.

I stand still for a moment processing this before I pat him on the arm. "Good luck."

I walk out of the infirmary despite almost everyone's protest and walk down the halls. Let's see if I can remember my way to my dorm. I throw the rest of my chocolate into one of the torches for the gods. I hope they like fondue. I walk down several flights of stair, occasionally making a wrong turn, before managing to get to the Slytherin dorms. I say the password and enter, shooing away the teasing third years and the curious first years. I make my way to my dorm, and collapse onto my bed, preparing for another sleepless night.

Hey guys! Sorry for the short chapter!

Anyway, I want to say happy birthday to roseblue1232 ! You put me on the spot, but I hope I pulled through!

And, a huge thank you to LiliagaFanOfMany for being awesome and for making me a cover for my next book!

So, thank you Matchsticks for everything. Stay awesome guys.

Peace out!

Love,
Sammy