Chapter One: Murderers and Sketchy Relatives

Nico POV

I take a deep breath and lean against the wall to the platform. I slip through and am greeted by the sight of the ruby train and bustling crowd. I'm a few minutes late, so I hurry onto the train pushing people aside as I do so.

I find the last (mostly) empty compartment and put my trunk and Cerberus the owl onto the luggage rack, making him ruffle his feathers. The only other person in here is a sleeping man who gives off a weird vibe, but I can't quite tell why. I shrug and sit down, facing the window and pretending to sleep so people will leave me alone.

After a few minutes, just like in my first year, I hear the door slide open and a few people come in. The dam golden trio. They sit down awkwardly, probably trying not to wake us.

After several minutes of silence, Harry launches into an explanation of what a 'Mr. Weasley' had told him. I must admit, pulling Harry into the shadows of a pub has to be one of the most suspicious ways of spreading information. I listen closely, taking in as much information about this murderer, Sirius Black, as I can. Apparently he's after Harry. I'd like to see him try.

Once Ron had finished his dramatic monologue about how nobody had ever escaped from... Azkenan?... the train brakes start squealing, slowing the train to a stop. I lift my head up.

"You three. What is going on?" I shift so I'm sitting up straight, drawing their attention, startles looks on their faces.

They jump at my voice. "Nico? Um, how long have you been awake?" Harry asks shyly.

"To quote the first time we met, the whole time." I peek over his shoulder. "So what's happening?"

"Oh, uh, I'll check." Harry pokes his head out the door. I take the time to notice how bloody different they look. Ron had slightly longer hair, and Hermione had slightly shorter hair. They had all grown taller and looked less like little kids. Almost... Good looking, some of them? I blink away the thought. All in all, it was like time travel.

I get impatient after a second (and a bit nervous because of the sudden cold and frost) and shove past Harry. I stroll down the hall, making it a few compartments down before the train lurches, throwing me to the ground. My head hits the floor and my vision blurs. I blink and it clears, just in time to see a dark figure above me.

It has flowing robes and scabby grey skin. It emits cold and despair, making me feel like I'd never feel happy again. It leans down over me, and I see another one swoop over top of it. I hear screaming. I hear war. A bright light is in my eyes and ringing in my ears as everything fades to black.

Third book!!!! Sorry for starting off on a cliff hanger!!! Not really, but eh. And sorry it's so short. Happy new year btw!! Hope it's awesome!

This is the third book in my Nico at hogwarts series, so if you haven't read the others, I recommend it. :)

Anyway, peace out Matchsticks!

Love,
Sammy