34. Me and You Too

Start from the beginning

"Yes I do and Kevin I'm not a child. I deserved to know the truth. I grew up thinking everything was perfect just until the end when the fights they thought I wasn't noticing started to happen. I thought I was an only child just up until a few days ago when I found out that my Father had started another family"

"Have you talked to your Mom?"

"Yes"

"Did you let her explain?"

"Eventually because I was mad at her when I found out"

"I'm sure she had her reasons. You were a little girl when you lost the father you loved so much so she must not have wanted to taint the image you had of him. Imagine telling a girl who saw her Father as perfect that he wasn't what she thought him to be. As much as you were angry at your Mother, knowing that would have broken you"

I sighed in understanding. I adored my Father and his passing at that point in time had taken a toll on me. To have him there everyday and just not be able to see him anymore had been devastating but with the help of my Mother and her love I was able to learn to live with it.

There as I sat looking at Kevin, there was no denying how handsome he was. Nowadays I had gotten used to some of the unnecessary intention he got from fawning women but it still got to me sometimes. He was human and a man after all so I guess it was normal for him to appreciate other women sometimes, I mean I did it all the time with men like Ryan Reynold's, who wouldn't? I knew it was wrong of me to think in these lines and that it would only lead to disaster but I couldn't help it, I was having self doubt and I hated it.

"Would you cheat on me?"

The look he gave me showed that he was both shocked and appalled. I guess it was a stupid question because what guy would right out tell you that he would cheat on you.

"Do you really think I would?"

His question might have sounded ordinary but I knew it wasn't. My response was going to tell him exactly what I thought of him and if I wasn't careful it was going to change things between us. Trust was important in a relationship and if I showed that I didn't trust him then things would get complicated for us

"I'm sorry, it's not that I don't trust you. It's just that with everything going on..." I trailed off

"I'm not your Father Bridget" he said lightly though the way he said my name told me he wasn't happy that I was doubting him

"I know"

"Then I don't want you thinking that I would ever hurt you like that"

"But isn't that something similar to what my Dad also said to my Mom. They were married for crying out loud and they said their vows promising to love each other till death. I guess in a weird way they did"

"You can't compare our relationship to that of your parents"

"Isn't this how it all started though?"

He frowned "What do you mean?"

"You don't want to talk to me about your work related problems. You keep them to yourself and everytime I bring it up you either brush it aside or lash out at me"

"I don't bother you with these things because I don't think it's necessary and I don't think you will be able to relate to them the way that I do"

"Because I'm not practising to be a doctor" I sat up straighter now "So who do you confide in?" My question caught him off guard but I didn't let that deter me "It's obvious it's not just anyone but someone you work with and I know for a fact that it's not either Stephanie or Samantha because they wouldn't be as clueless as I am"