Chapter XVI

Chapter 16

Make sure to vote!!

Zach's POV:

- - -

Alice.

What were we? She never really wanted to talk about it. I always thought we were more than friends, I mean we were badly in love when we were younger. Did our feelings come in the way?

She is one confusing girl. But inside I know behind that mask she is hurting, and I need to be the one to comfort her. She means so much to me. The flame which ignites me. Alice rose, is my rose and I need to find a way of getting her forgiveness.

I walk down the hall, my head low, so no one notices me. I want to blend in more, that's why I have a hoodie on. I hear someone call my name but I don't turn around, in fact I just walk and walk into the cafeteria. I find a seat in the back, empty table. I don't have any friends here. I am on the football team, but the boys and me don't get along very well. Except for today? I wonder why.

Elliot Hughes, comes my way with a football in his hands. He throws it immediately, as I safely catch it in my hands.

He then smirks and takes a seat, "Sup man." He greeted, I grinned and done our bro shake. If there is one guy who is at least better than the rest of the jocks. It's him, he's a nice guy. I'd consider him my friend, but I don't think he feels the same way, with someone who gets bullied, by the schools 'player'.

"What's up?" I asked, Elliot looked around, as if he was checking if no one he knew was in sight, he then turned towards me with a look of pity.

"Well, you know that girl Alice?" He raised an eyebrow.
I nodded, "yeah?" feeling a little bit of sincerity and sympathy. Alice, I sighed.

"Well if you haven't heard, she slept with a guy last night, people have photos of him and her at the door, they were really close," he paused, checking again if no one was in sight,"I don't know who he is, as he is wearing a hoodie, but we all think that nerd is dating that guy. I just thought you liked her and that you should know, because everyone is talking about it, man." He explained.

I took a long deep breath, before looking at the phone. He looked muscular. I- I knew that, I saw that hoodie in his gym bag. It had the tigers logo and his initials. How come no one noticed that yet. It, but...how?

I felt a tight knot forming, I gave him the phone and walked away, ignoring his last words he was calling out to me. I needed to find him and end him.

He knew that was my girl. He knew the way I looked at her. She was my first ever friend. My best friend. My childhood sweetheart and now...? I don't know.

But all I know is, Dylan smith is dead.

* * *

Alice Rose's POV:

The bell rung and I mentally patted my back. I put a lot of effort in my work today and I did good. As I left class, I saw a crowd running out throughout the hallways, heading in different directions. The words, Dylan...Zach...fight?

Rang a bell towards me, and it all came clear.

They were going to fight. I immediately followed the crowd. They were all gathered behind the school, around the tennis/ basketball courts. Zach and Dylan were in the centre of the storm.

And I? Was just merely a bystander.

No I wasn't, not anymore! I had to do something. They both meant a lot to me. Zach landed blows but missed as Dylan hit him tight in the jaw. Blood came during out Zach's mouth as I wanted to do something, but what?

Then it hit me. I grabbed a tennis racquet and got some balls. I hit the balls with the racquet and they hit both of them. They both turned towards me beaten up. They had deathly glares along with everyone else.

"STOP THIS NOW!! DYLAN AND ZACH!" I barked, they didn't even flinch they just continued fighting.

Everyone barged out the way, as I separated the two.

"Alice get outta the way, need to teach a pussy...how it's really done," Dylan groaned form the pain.

Zach just rolled his eyes, "more like your the pussy." he then let go of my arms, pushing me out of harms way.

Then the principal arrived. And everyone stormed off getting off the premises and going home. It was just me, Dylan and Zach.

They both looked beaten up. And I was the witness, I didn't want to snake them both out. Principal Rollins Dylan's adopted father, came towards us and had a look of anger. "Dylan...you disappoint me... I just can't anymore go home. I will deal with you." He said.

Dylan wiped blood off his mouth and spat. Before he left he sent glares towards Zach.

"And you? what's your name?" Principal Rollins asked Zach, Zach stood tall, and he raked his hands through his hair.

"Zach Benson, new student here." he replied.

"I see well, since your new, I don't accept anymore of this. This a zero-tolerance school of bullying and fighting and many more. You shall not do this again. Am I clear boy?" He barked.

Zach nodded, "very clear."

"Right now go." he ordered, Zach left without sparing me a glance. I felt broken, how could he?

"And you....? Alice is it?"

"Yes sir." I replied, clearing my face of emotion, remaining stoic, but inside I was hurting.

"Off you go." he said, I walked off, as the wind kept blowing. I felt the urge to run and run as fast as my legs could go.

I had enough.

Whatever that was about, Zach hates me? I just couldn't believe my eyes.

I really don't know anymore.

* * *

Hope you enjoyed!!

more chapters to come!! updating a lot.

keep your eyes peeled!!

Stay tuned till next time, amigos.

Love, Ayaan.