[16] a real LIVE 5sos concert??

‘Ew, why do you smell like chlorine?’

‘Long story.’

Ciara rolled her eyes and turned back to the computer.

‘I got time.’

After the long day yesterday with Ashton, I was feeling almost grateful to be back to work at the reception desk. Nothing to worry about except bookings and phone calls. Or, that’s what I thought anyway. Olivia had stalked past the desk 3 times already in the last half an hour, and I had a strong feeling she was just trying to catch me out doing something I wasn’t supposed to do. Suddenly, loud music started to play out of the computer Ciara was on, and I snapped my head over.

‘What the fuck are you doing? We’re going to get in trouble, someone will hear you!’

She shut off the volume and gave me a look.

‘Are you okay? PMS? Or something else up your ass this morning? Because I’m kind of getting sick of it.’

I swallowed.

‘Sorry.’

She coolly turned back to the computer and continued to work.

‘It’s fine. But I wish,’ Ciara turned to look me in the eye, ‘you would tell me what’s going on. You’re so edgy.’

I sighed.

‘You know Olivia? The manager lady?’

Ciara made a face.

‘Yeah, I know her. Did she give you warnings too?’

Well, this is new.

‘Yeah,’ I nodded, looking confused. Ciara pushed her hair back.

‘I thought she was walking past her all morning because of me, not you,’ she chuckled nervously, ‘but then again, maybe we’re both in trouble. I can’t believe she’s been checking up on us.’

I sighed.

‘Have you told Luke? I told Calum last night.’

‘Luke doesn’t have to know. He worries about too much anyway. Oh, shit! I died, ugh.’

I was looking down at the files in my hand when I realised her last few words didn’t really match up. When I looked back at her computer screen, purple and black filled it. Hungry 5SOS. Of course - that explained the music before.

‘Who ate you?’

She blushed.

‘Luke.’

‘Why am I not surprised?’

She stuck her finger up at me, before starting the game again. My phone buzzed impatiently on the tabletop and I took the chance to grab it and escape into the back room, where neither Ciara or Olivia’s eyes could follow me. Finally.

#

calum is bae: where r u

emma <3: um the reception desk, where else would i be

calum is bae: huh good girl

emma <3: stfu

emma <3: stop texting me im gonna get into shit

calum is bae: i can fix that

emma <3: what do u mean

emma <3: calum